iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prayers needed for my Dad

Started by SPD748, September 03, 2014, 07:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPD748

My Dad's health has been failing steadily for the past few months. I've been begging him to just move in with me so that I can care for him the way he's cared for me for so many years. Today, he finally caved in and came home with me. He and I both know that this will probably be the last move he will make. It's hard so see him suffer but it's harder to know that he's suffering alone. Anyway, he's with me now and I'll do everything I can to make sure what time he has left is the finest hour of his life. For those that pray, please pray for my Dad.

Thank you and may God bless us all.

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

Magicman

My prayers are for both you and your Dad.  So many of us have been and are still caregivers in one form or the other.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sumday

Praying for you both. Really enjoyed reading about you two working together on your mill build. Good to see you taking care of him.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

What a "fun" time you and your Dad had building your circle mill! Wow!  8)
Although his health is declining.....cherish each moment you have with him...... and you get to spend even more time with him now.
Some guys are not this lucky.
If you need me Lee....I can be there in 35 minutes.
Praying for you both Buddy.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

Prayers for "Dad".  Going up.

I wanted my Dad to do that too, but he wouldn't give in.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

Our prayers are with you and your dad!

A very noble thing you've done Lee, getting dad to move in with you!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clww

Prayers sent up for you and your Dad both.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

This might be the best time you will ever have with your Dad.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WmFritz

Glad to hear you'll be keeping your Dad company. I think it will be good for both of you.
Prayers coming your Dads way.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

kczbest

My Family will be Praying for you and your Dad.
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

scleigh

Lee,
I'm in Shelby everyday. If I can help with anything , please let me know.
If dad ever wants to take a ride, bring him up to Lawndale and we'll hangout for a while.
You both are in my prayers.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sandhills

Prayers from us here in Nebraska as well, I've also enjoyed your sawmill build together.  Please let him know how many people are thinking of him now.

yukon cornelius

you and your dad are in my prayers!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

coxy

my thoughts are with you and your dad  I know how hard it is to go through    glad he came home with you

fat olde elf

Good work !  I did not have a chance like that with my dad. Still miss him after 36 years.  Say your prayers............
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

giant splinter

Lee,
Count me in, after following your mill build I think a lot of us have gained a great deal of respect for your Dad and the way he hung in there and turned out an incredible sawmill with his background and "gearhead" knowledge, you both I am sure are very happy with the way it turned out and the journey was a great story in itself. My prayers are with you both and having him there is the best thing for both of you.
roll with it

Bert

Your frick mill journey really hit home for me. Like you, my father and I work together on many many projects and run a similar mill for business. Its hard to see him age and not be able to do what he once did. Your father is my prayers, I am very sorry to hear of his health condition.
Saw you tomorrow!

Seaman

Lee, praying for you and Dad.
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Buddyw

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Sawyer697

Prayers for Dad, that He may have peace in the Lord. That He may rest in Him. We all come to this point in life. But we may face it with Hope in Jesus.
1997 LTHD40G24 WM Mill. 640 Bobcat. 555 ford Backhoe, Husky 365XP
40 Acres Foresty
Custom Sawing in Geauga and Lake County
Build my own solar kiln
Build Furniture, Out Buildings
Bee Keeper, Love My Lord

red

Gorilla Glue is for the Toughest Jobs on Planet Earth
You are doing the Most Important Job in the Universe
Thoughts n Prayers
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Bill Gaiche

You had done the ultimate thing by bringing your dad into your home. Bless the both of you. bg

downsouth

I think everyone on the forum followed you guys building that mill, and to have his knowledge along the way was a blessing for all of us.
   So many people get lost in careers and kids and life in general, and forget about the people that raised us. It is great to hear he is with you, and not at home alone, or worse, stuck in a home.
  Both of you guys have my prayers.

Thank You Sponsors!