iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Center pins

Started by hugo367, August 26, 2015, 03:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hugo367

Hello everyone I trying to tight up center pins on my timberjack 240B but what happens pin is turning with nuts i try use jack unedneath pin but still is spining.Any advance please?Thank you.

John Woodworth

Weld a tab to the head of the pin and on the frame weld a tab on both sides of where it will be locked to.
Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

bushmechanic

Should be a flat on the other end of the pin from the nut that you could use an adjustable wrench to hold the pin from turning. There is supposed to a lock welded on the frame so it can't turn so you could also weld one back on.

hugo367

Hi can't be  weld because bottom of pin is in bearing.

treeslayer2003

no, the bearing rides in the middle section

David-L

Lets have a pic of the Pin and the skidder. welcome Hugo.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

ehp

centre pins should be like my 230A , so engine end of frame has the tapered part to hold the pin in with the nut , winch end of frame fits inside the other frame and holds the bearing , so pretty much no where to weld anything , Hugo when I bought my skidder its was like what your talking about and was not nice to get the nut tight or loosen back off but I put a jack under the engine part of the frame about 6 inches a head of the centre pin and jack it up so back wheel were off the ground and that jamed the pin well enough I could get the nut off and put new stuff back in . If your pin is turning that easy you need to get it tighten up as you will be wearing the taper part of the frame and once that worn bad its a real job to get so you can keep the pins tight in the front frame part . I have done it both ways , welded the frame taper back up then grind as close as I can to the taper of the pin and it worked but have also just hard face welded the pin up to make pin larger in diameter to tighten up the pounded out frame taper , Seems to get about 2 or 3 years out of this method before having to do it again

ehp

also if yours is like mine and has the cap plate that is held on by 6 bolts you can just make a plate/thick washer to fit in between the pin and the bolted on cap , make sure plate/washer is thick enough that the cap plate cannot be tighten back up without putting all the pressure on the plate/washer , The cap is machined to give clearance from the factory and to hold grease

hugo367

So on end i have to cut old nut and replaced but new with washer underneath.Thank you guys for all advances.

Thank You Sponsors!