iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cant see the forst for the trees???

Started by bedway, May 20, 2007, 01:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firecord

Wow learned something new about northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company.  Never bought from them, just get their catalog at work.  DanG, I couldn't have said it better myself. 

bedway

Seems theres a concencus that the pivoting hanger should be forward of verticle when the spring is not under load. Im going to reclamp the rear hangers forward, then jack it up again and take a pic. Ill report back shortly. Oh, thanks for the comment about the pics dang, i got some help on that ;D

bedway

Well i just came in for a sandwich and to load the pics of the aforementioned exersize. Dang, i sure wish i had put the memory chip back in the camera b4 i took those picks. The pics are on the internal memory of the camera which i cant access to this computer. Well, chalk that one up as todays minor diversion :D.,,bedway

jrokusek

Can you use some overload springs?  We had some a long time ago that literally "bolted" to the existing springs.  They didn't engage until the springs squatted to a certain point and then engaged.    Lord help me for posting a link to JC Whitney

aniakhenry

OK, I have only skimmed the arguing points of the springs and am not too interested, but...

Here is the bigger question, is that a procut sawmill your building there?

bedway

No, its not a Procut sawmill. I bought the saw head complete carraige kit from Linn Lumber. Ive been building it since last november in my spare time. I have lots of pics in my gallery of my progress. Ive been very pleased with the design and materials that came with the kit. I have made some modifications to suit my own needs and likes. Im  hopeing to be within days of makeing sawdust ;D,,bedway

Thank You Sponsors!