iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

valmet 911c heater problem

Started by june, March 16, 2018, 04:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

june

hey guys i operate a valmet 911c annd some day the heater is running but some other day no heat at all ! i wanted to know if some ad the samenprobleme bifore i start pulling everiting out . thanks sorry english is my second language

bushmechanic

So is your heater blower motor not working or do you not have any heat? I would guess that machine has a climate control that manages all functions. Best bet is to look for the valve that opens and closes for the heat and make sure that it is opening when you require heat. Don't worry about your English as it is better than my French, German, Russian you get the picture :D 

june

ok so the fan is pushing air but it is cold air . i will look at the control valve tomorow . do you know if the control valve is in the cab ? and  i am guessing there must have a thermostat somwere is it in the cab or closer to the prestone radiator do you know where it is 
thanks

Skeans1

Is your engine temp staying up or is it dropping when you get these cold spells?

june

bushmechanic

What Skeans1 is getting at is if your engine temperature is good then your engine thermostat is working fine. If so then the problem must be somewhere between the engine and the heater core. Most cases the heater core is located in the cabin along with the A/C core. If you can fine the valve for the coolant make sure the temperature is the same on both sides of it when you require heat. I mean that if the engine side is hot and the cab side is cold then there is no coolant circulating through the valve. I can't speak on the Valmet's as I have limited experience on them but most are all the same. I had a Rottne once where it wouldn't throw any heat but it seemed to be working fine. What I found was a buildup of dust between the heater core and the A/C core which wouldn't let the air flow out the ductwork, go figure! Again you English is good mon ami!

Skeans1

Before tearing into anything pull the heater core lines from the engine side hook them to a garden hose to make sure you have flow through your core.

june

yes thanks you guys for all the reply ! what you guys sais it is verry logic i was sopose to fix it saterday but at - 16 all day i whent more for the transporter  since the trail was frozen b ut nex day its hoter i will look it up.  i will tell you what was wrong in a couples of day . thanks again for the tip and i am tru ing to add a picture

june

i prefer douing that when its cold, not mechanic!!

Gary_C

I don't know much about that 911C but I have a Valmet 840 Forwarder. One thing to watch out for is an air lock in the cooling system that prevents the hot water from circulating. The problem is made worse by the distance from the engine to the cab on that articulated machine. So first make sure the cooling system is completely full of coolant and purged of air. My Sisu engine has a separate vent system to allow air to escape from the intercooler back to the radiator.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

june

all fix thanks to all of you for youre expertise finaly it was the prestone hose that was bent where the machine break ( swing right left) so it was a rapid  ande easy fix i can not beleive i didnt sea that at the first place again thank you

Gary_C

Thanks for letting us know how you fixed the problem. Nice to get some feedback.  8)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thank You Sponsors!