iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My updated Workshop for Production Work

Started by Glenn1, March 24, 2017, 08:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn1

I finally got around to updating my workshop for processing a wide variety of domestic  boards.  I now have up and running a 30" Whitney planer, a 20" chinese jointer with a Grizzly power feed, and two hydraulic tables.

I've had a Grizzly 3 HP planer and it has done an adequate job but was starting to show the strain that I've put on it.  The 30" Whitney is amazing.  After re-working some of the parts, the segmented infeed rollers allow me to feed three boards thru at the same time.  It's  a real time saver and absolutely no snipe.

The only challenge I have is that my 50 gallon drum for my dust collector fills up fast.  I keep a bunch of extra bags available to  the switch is fairly painless.
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

Den Socling

tule peak timber

Ah, growing pains...you are looking good !  Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

YellowHammer

Looking good!
Where did you get the extra wide power feed rollers?
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

xlogger

Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

WDH

How nice it would be to have a 20" jointer.  Where is the jealous smiley?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Glenn1

Quote from: YellowHammer on March 24, 2017, 10:44:04 PM
Looking good!
Where did you get the extra wide power feed rollers?

I read on an earlier post here that someone used Western Roller Corp.  I contacted them and they offer double and triple Roller systems.
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

Glenn1

Quote from: xlogger on March 25, 2017, 05:51:35 AM
Nice Glenn, do you have 3 phase power?

Yes, We brought in a 40 hp GE 3 phase motor and ran it to a 3 phase breaker box.  Coming off it is the planer, jointer, 2 hydraulic tables and a hydraulic chop saw that has yet to arrive. The conveyors and chop saw will lead into the jointer so I can cut out any defects before jointing the bottoms of the boards.

teakwood

separated infeed roller!!! Nice

My next planer has to have them!! The problem is that just the big professional planers have them, and they are serious money. Even the 20" homeshop planers don't have them
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Glenn1

Teakwood, I got mine on an auction site (Industrial Recovery Service).   Drove from NC to Erie, PA to pick it up.  The segmented rollers took 220 springs and they were all worn.  It took awhile but I had to replace all of them. 

Thank You Sponsors!