iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tigercats new skidder

Started by OH logger, July 25, 2017, 09:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.C. Lapp

Quote from: barbender on March 21, 2023, 01:03:30 PM
Whenever I'm able to score a piece of equipment, it is because of what one banker referred to as "financial maneuvering", and not a wealth of resources 😂😂
well there ya go BB. Your guy called it "financial maneuvering".  That doesn't sound to bad. ;D  The accountant that helps me cook up the books calls it "Redneck financing", one part money that's never enough, one part wishful thinking and one part dang lies. 8)
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

ehp

Barge , my buddy has his set up as narrow as it can go so 9 ft wide and has also sent me pictures with all 4 tires in the air  8) and said they are not nice to roll 

BargeMonkey

That one's 9-10, it honestly fits very well in the tighter spots, not an 8'6" 440 but for a 648G3. Yeah that machine went 4 wheels up once, making a hitch and he caught 1 stump under each tire at the same time with the arch up and full, said it was quick. 

ehp

It's not going to matter when you get your new Tigercat skidder any ways , I can only dream about having one 

Riwaka

Tigercat 612 - grapple and onboard winch version.

5th May, 2023 Press release. For 'tight selective harvesting applications'......

Tigercat Releases 612 Grapple Skidder | Tigercat News

ehp

Barge , where is my new 602 you bought me ? Stuff I'm cutting right now I pull 1 or 1 bigger tree and a smaller tree and I got to winch lots , So that new skidder you got me running 28 by 26 tires might pull 1 tree in the grapple , 

Riwaka

Tigercat assembly and Live-in Forest 9th Show, Weyerhaeuser Vail Tree farm near Rainier, Washington. (cable demos)

Tigercat Factory Tour and Pacific Logging Congress 2023 - YouTube

ehp

Had a good talk with the tigercat guts at the show sense most of them live about 30 minutes from me .  No more 602,604 or 610 cause they use the E series cab which is not made any more. . Now if enough call they may make a cable machine again but will most likely be a stripped down model to get cost down

BargeMonkey

Ed with the money you've got I'm surprised you didn't buy one of each. There was a new 604 single arch next to my poverty level skidder when I bought mine at CJs, alot of money for a small skidder. Emissions, insurance, all its going to be is big iron here soon, guys working for the mill. 

ehp

The 612 machine is quite nice but it was setup at 112 inches wide but zero room for chains so need different rims then it's 116 inches wide . Tires were 30.5 by 32 which it needs cause it's pretty heavy . Barge your the only one making coin . I'm spending coin playing .  The 612 was $400,000   USA. Plus tax but that's nothing for a man like Barge

Riwaka

ITPV's and Pure-Productions blended video footage of the recent Tigercat Demo Days Downunder.

The 7th Tigercat 180 Swing yarder off the line. Cost a lot of 'Pacific Pesos' (NZ alleged dollars)

Forestry Field Days 2023 with Tigercat and Ab Equipment - YouTube

ehp

I see a cable 602 for $140,000 online , its a 2020 year . Thats getting closer to making sense than the other cable 602 same year for $235,000 , those boys are dreaming 

Riwaka

The Tigercat 800 series loaders (can be used as shovel loggers, processor bases, log loaders, mill yard sorters/ stackers etc)

Tigercat 800-Series Logger Walk-around - YouTube

ehp

I priced a new 602 grapple with winch here , $514,877 but I still had to pay for it to be shipped from Sudbury so about $2500 shipping, Nope , not going down that rabbit hole , at my young age of 60 that makes zero sense to me , I'm not young and energy like Barge 

Riwaka

Okrafarmer

I'm so glad I'm not trying to own skidders right now.
Currently, our only nearby pulp mill went offline a couple years ago, and logging is broke in our area. The trees will be nice and big by the time it every could get profitable again.
Anyway, I'm younger than some of you, but already getting too decrepit. Working on losing weight, but yeah. Have to work my way into sales and writing to hope to do any better.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Riwaka

Tigercat 857 - high tail levelling logger to be shown at OLC.

https://www.tigercat.com/steep-slope-advancement/

Riwaka

Tigercat 573 processor - three wheel drive, 31 inch maximum cut, intended for 16 - 24 inch wood.

https://www.tigercat.com/new-triangulated-harvesting-head/

Tigercat also has a slope assist cable winch unit (did a teaser pic on FB recently).

ehp

The one shipping company that ships their skidders is less than a 1/2 mile from my house , Seen a new one last Friday sitting there , I think it was headed to Barge as he is most likely the only logger making the big coin to afford one of those things . I know one thing for sure is I'm not seeing the new machines every other day or whatever like I use to so production is slow down , Barge do not even go there , I cannot afford a toy tigercat skidder , I looked and the price of those is out of my budget 

Riwaka

ehp

When I talked to the guys that design tigercat skidders here last Oct. they said they were throwing around the idea of building a cheaper machine that didnot have all this new stuff in them , WE sure could use a new cheaper cable machine , $500,000 for a skidder here is just out of the question plain and simple

quilbilly

What could someone pay for a new cable machine? I couldn't imagine any cable loggers ever making enough to justify a new machine vs a decent shape old one. I also can't see any new machine being under $200k. 
a man is strongest on his knees

ehp

To log here you have to have a cable machine , I just did a walnut job and without cable you could not do the job . I have a single arch with winch machine in a timberjack 460D that I used abit but its just to big and wide and the other problem is I find it hard to use the winch cause I cannot get the grapple out of the way cause on lots of my jobs I cut fairly big trees for my area so a dual arch would work better for sure, At $200,000 for a good new skidder I would pay that in a heart beat , I do not want or need half of the computer stuff on these new machines , I have a pretty new skidsteer that is hooked to the satellites and when something goes wrong its nice but lots of times its a pain in the butt . Skidders have a rough life so stuff like gauges or computers may not be able to handle the pounding they get . We need a machine that is easy to get into and out of cause hooking chokers your doing that all day long , Cutting real select cuts I need the machine to be pretty much 110 inches wide or less , I do not need it to haul huge hitches cause in real select cuts you cannot get hooked up to most times like 2 trees , Your not going to drive around pulling trees looking for others cause your going to mark trees that are left and your not to touch them. Honestly my old 230A does a pretty good job but I would like a machine say 2 tons heavier 

quilbilly

Right but I doubt they could build a skidder that would pass emissions garbage without all the electronics. And how many of you are there? They'd have to sell like 100/year to make it feasible right?
a man is strongest on his knees

Log-it-up

I would think old timber jacks would be the way to go, you can still get parts at local parts store for most of the stuff, and if you wanted too put 30k into one of them older machine it would be pretty much new 

Thank You Sponsors!