iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Culture shock

Started by limbrat, December 13, 2007, 12:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebocardo

> They accepted and went to the game, when they got home, it had been robbed
> clean from top to bottom.

That is a twist on the funeral scam I never heard about, imagine being so bold as to let them see your face >:(

faronskid

I heard a story about a couple who had a piece of furniture they wanted to get rid of so they put it out at the end of the driveway and put a "free" sign on it.  The furniture sat there for about a week and nobody took it so they changed the sign to $25 and within a few hours somebody stole it :D 
5 rugrats = no dull moments here

deutz4

My brother and I went on a fishing trip to extreme N. U.P. Michigan 3 years ago (Houghton). We found  a motel right next to the boat launch. It looked Nice and you couldn't get much closer so why not! We pulled up to the office and saw a sign at the door. It described each room and it's price. It invited us to check each room and if we liked it the keys were on the table. When we left we could leave cash or check on the table with the keys. My anal retentive self would not allow me to pay with anything but a credit card so we knocked until we woke up the owner (who worked nights). We could have stayed as long as we wanted and never spoke to anyone.
The next day we found a self-serve bait store about 2 blocks away. Crawlers in the fridge, different size minnows in tanks, wax worms, and some simple lures. You picked your stuff, put your money in an envelope, wrote what you bought & the price on it and slipped it thru a metal door. The only security was a sign that said "BE HONEST,GOD IS WATCHING!".
And I thought I lived in 'God's Country'.

Cedarman

Back in the 50's when I was little we converted from coal heat to propane.  My folks bought a 1000 gallon tank.  A few years ago my nephew was living at the home place and the propane company sent a truck out to pick up the tank.  He wasn't using much gas and they were going to replace it with a much smaller tank.  He told them they didn't own it.  They said they did and that he would have to prove it.  They went round and round.  Finally my brother found the receipt and shoved it in their face.  That propane company was totally obnoxious.  I wonder how many of those old tanks were stolen back.

I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Norm

I was reading the local online paper today and thought to myself here's a story that shows how good most people are still.

http://www.kcci.com/news/14861486/detail.html

blueduck

Quote from: faronskid on December 14, 2007, 08:09:11 AM
I heard a story about a couple who had a piece of furniture they wanted to get rid of so they put it out at the end of the driveway and put a "free" sign on it.  The furniture sat there for about a week and nobody took it so they changed the sign to $25 and within a few hours somebody stole it :D 

I put a sign on a chair once that was for free, someone took the sign and left the cahir, so I had to haul it off to the landfill myself anywayz.... now days there is free cycle.... but not much in this area so no one uses it here.

William
Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions, who when on the dawn of victory paused to rest, and there resting died.
- John Dretschmer

KGNC

At our old place we had a neighbor that raised beagles. He had to move his dog lot, it was near the road and some of the local boys would stop by and "borrow" a beagle (without asking) to go hunting. Most times the dog would be back the next day, a little worn down but ok.

sawguy21

Quote from: faronskid on December 14, 2007, 08:09:11 AM
There is a pickup truck canopy near here that has been sitting by the street for over a week with a free sign on it. Maybe that is the secret. :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

LeeB

Tom, we were on propane before we moved from Texas and are now all electric. With the new cook tops, it only takes just a little while to get used to the difference and now I think I actually prefer it. The only thing I don't like about all electric is  no juice, no heat. I just have to make sure there is always dry fire wood on hand now.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

SPIKER

I got hit with that funeral one, we went to my GF's dads and came home to have my car broken into all the stereo stuff , cd's radar detector ect was gone, broke the door lock to get into it used a screw driver ruined the door lock too :( >:(   Lost ~$500 in CD's 400+ in Stereo equipment & 200 buck rad detector...   all in full day light! on busy city street...

I posted about my brothers dog getting stolen right in front of his house been 3 weeks almost now ago.

It is good to know about the stolen battery/game tickets though...

mark M >:(
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Don_Papenburg

Not all thieves are bad to the bone , a friend was away at collage  with a new battery in his car . So one winter morning he gets in his car ,wount start.   He gets out pops the hood and his new battery is gone .   But in it's place all hooked up proper is the thiefs old dead battery.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!