iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sanding irregular surfaces - sand sand sand & sand some more

Started by woodbowl, April 11, 2006, 11:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbowl

Actually, it was a 4" tungsten carbide burr wheel. It is a wicked tool as well, but does a fine job on bowls and chainsaw carvings. I've got a chainsaw wheel too, and scared of it like a rattle snake. I've heard some awfull stories about it.
   When I recieved the 4" burr in the mail, I did the normal procedures for mounting the tool and starting the work. You know, ..... rip the box open, toss the directions, slap it on your 4" grinder and stick it in the wood as fast as possible to see what it will do. As I bent down to do all this, my flopping "T" shirt got a little too close to the burr wheel. Did you know that a tungsten burr is like velcro? ....... In a fraction of a second, the grinder was twisted up to my neck, my new "T" shirt looked like a teenie bra, the grinder was humming, locked up and I could not find the cut off switch. The switch was positive lock and not spring loaded. I took off running and screaming like a girl untill I unplugged myself.
   I've always thought of myself as being extra carefull. I don't think there is really any such thing anymore. I've still got all my fingers and toes, but I hope I can keep a fear and respect for all tools.
   I've got teenage drivers now. I guess I better head off to the Prayer topic.

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

SwampDonkey

I was using one of them impact wrenches to remove old harrow teeth. I stuck my finger up against the head of the bolt and began spinning the wrench to remove the old nut. Well, once that got loose enough the head of the bolt started spinning and sliced a little meat on the finger yielding a little stream of blood. Hmm, guess we won't do that again. Using that harrow on our gravelly soil had ground down the head of the bolt to a razor sharp edge. YIKES!!  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

getoverit

Olin,
I'm laughing with ya, I promise !  Just glad you didnt get seriously hurt over it.Maybe the story will do me some good to and remind me to be more careful. Thanks for Posting it !
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Thank You Sponsors!