iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehp

ehp

ehp

The walnut job was nothing special and was cut on a fairly steep bank , but it paid well I felt 

ehp

ehp

ehp

ehp

ehp

SwampDonkey

Some nice sticks there Ed.  :thumbsup: 
Hopefully will get some sun with the wind to dry things up.  :sunny:
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I thought there was an old guy some place in southern Ontario who planted a lot of walnut seedlings in one area near his place? Could very well be many old guys who have done it. I seem to remember a story about, it might be a myth or urban legend to. There was a similar story about a fella in Spain planting cork oak years ago. These kind of stories kind of turn into Paul Bunyan tales over time.  ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Peter Drouin

Why do they care how you cut the tree down? Around here the cops don't want you to mud up the water and rut up the place and leave it like that. Only fill wet spots in with the brush.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

PJS

@Southside was the previous owner not I, it's a really good "clean" break too, didn't really rip or tear the metal, so I can only imagine what the snap sounded like.. Make your heart stop that's for sure!

Will post pics to the fab thread when I get to it. Going to go through my steel pile and find the right sized tube to weld inside the break, then slide the broken bunk on top and weld the crap out of it. Hopefully gain some rigidity... maybe a couple plates on all 4 sides as well... the red spray paint on the opposite side is another crack I found. If anyone has a better suggestion let me know, please and thank you!

Also if any experienced forwarder operators have some tips or tricks of the trade for loading logs, I am all ears, figuring it out as I go.

Thank You Sponsors!