Previous topic - Next topic

Happycamper

Brought home the LT10 today.
                              Jim

Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

DanG

Congratulations Jim!! 8) 8) 8)

It's a great feeling, ain't it?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

drobertson

Happy for you, Happy, Happy, Happy 8) 8) 8) and to think just in time for the most perfect weather? how lucky can you be!   Really, I am glad for you, and it's about time, Aye?  keep us updated,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ain't it purdy Jim ?

Life as you knew it yesterday has just been changed forever!  8)

Congratulations my friend.  :) :) :) :) :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I believe that the sawmill is smiling too.  Congratulations.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Happycamper

Thanks everyone yes, I am looking forward to the next set of steps in the process. Still have some snow so it will be a little while yet.
                                       Jim

Delawhere Jack

Welcome to a GREAT ADVENTURE! ;) You'll learn something new everyday and have a great time doing it. There's nothing like finishing a cut on a prime log and flipping the board over to see what beauty lies within.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

You will be amazed on how much easier it saws than using a chainsaw.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

highleadtimber16

Congratulations Jim! I see you picked'r up at the Salmon Arm office. Most likely met Gary? Super nice guy. Very helpful, knowledgeable, and patient. While you wait for the snow to melt you can read :P your new book. Have fun with your shiny new mill!    ;D
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

bandmiller2

Congrats Jim,you'll be telling yourself "I should have done this years ago".Build yourself a comfy mill shed with a heated office.collect your logs when the woods are open and putter around all winter. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill!

You'll have a good time with it!  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

schakey

smiley_applause Way to go Jim.
It seems like fifty years ago I got bitten,but my day of orange is comming! smiley_sun
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Happycamper

thecfarm,
I just somehow know you are right.

highleadtimber,
Yes,works out perfect as I live 20 miles from Gary's place.

bandmiller2
have the warm shed and will soon have the mill shed up as I built the trusses and beams last mnth.

shakey,
Do not put it off any longer if at all possible.
                               Jim

Cypressstump

I guess you know you just hauled home an Obsession coupled with a sickness,,, now you're in for it ! It will never stop now. You won't see a tree standing in the same fashion as before. ;)

Congrats!
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Happycamper

Got the fever ok just waiting for the weather meanwhile getting organized for the big day.
                                    Jim 

WDH

You could practice un-coiling and coiling your new blades  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I always like the looks of new blades.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

samandothers

It did take practice to get the hang of coiling.   Will not be long you'll be snorting some saw dust!

customsawyer

I leave my blades in the box till I am ready for the next one. Stacking blades on top of each other like that will knock a little bit of sharp off of a few teeth.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Lud

How great for you!  Read the Forum every day , be careful, and saw for quality not quantity .  Why rush!
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

kelLOGg

Congrats, Jim, I hope I'm still sawing at 78. 8)
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Happycamper

Postonlt40HD,
Do I really need to wax it too?

Samandothers,
No problem coiling as I have a small band in my shop.

Customsawyer,
I'll make a wooden box w/ partitions for the blades.

Lub,
Not in  a rush as age dictates that.

Kellog,
I hope you are too, at least you didn't wait till 78 to buy a mill. You've got ten more years before you get there. I saw a program from Nova Scotia and the person they interviewed was a lady 93 years of age that was out cutting her fire wood with a chain saw. Lives alone goes fishing etc.
             This is my favorite past time.

Thank You Sponsors!