iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

83 wm lt 30 bearings

Started by brandonward6, January 12, 2019, 03:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandonward6

Anybody know what bearings the old lt 30 used. there pillowblock bearings. And has anyone upgraded them to heavier bearings. thanks

jb616

I have an 84 LT30 and I think that I seen in the Woodmizer list of parts for mine that you can upgrade to larger shafts, bearings and such if you changeover to the hydraulic blade tensioner. I would think that you would have to change out to the blade wheels as well. Not sure what it would cost for everything. I am going to use a laser thermometer to check all my bearings when it is sawing to get a baseline and then keep checking it over time to see if one bearing is getting hotter and probably going bad. If you are registered with Woodmizer and you look in your account at "your equipment", you will be able to see what the bearings are whether you want the stock ones or larger ones. 

millwright

Back in the day wm had an upgrade to larger shafts and bearings. My old lt30 had it done when I bought it, I don't remember the size , but it must have worked, I put about 5000 hrs on it after that

Crossroads

If I remember correctly, my 85 had 1 1/4" pillow blocks. If your bearings are bad, you can re used your housings that may or may not bill drilled and doweled for alignment. I ended up taking the bearings out of flange mount bearings for a couple of mine, since Mcguire bearing didn't have 4 pillow blocks the right size on hand. I believe the upgraded size is 1 7/16"
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Thank You Sponsors!