iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arky gets his spot on the wall.

Started by Bibbyman, December 15, 2004, 04:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

The latest addition of Wood-Mizer Way came the other day.  And there it was.  At the bottom of the list of new members of the Million Board Foot Club was David Barnes – known to us as ARKANSAWYER.

For those who don't get Wood-Mizer Way.  His line said:

David L. Barnes (Arkansaw) Largest Project was custom cutting over 80,000 bd. ft. for a customer's more than 3,000 sq.ft. home and large barn.

He sent me this picture of the award he recieved from Wood-Mizer.

Congratulations Arky!  And all the other million and 100,000 bf members.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sprucebunny

Congratulations, ARKY  ;D That's alot of sawdust.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Stump Jumper

;D are you sure hes not using some of your bd ft tally bibby
for he calls himself bibbyman at certian get togethers ::)
congrats Arky ;)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

EZ

RMay

Way to go Arky , that alot of steps down and back  ;D
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Tom

Have you seen where your name is, Arkansawyer?   You gotta pick out a landmark relative to the coffee pot so everybody knows where to look.  :D :D

WV_hillbilly

That's great Arky .  How long tll you get your 2nd million ? I mean with you being a millionaire and all the second one should come easier and sooner .
Hillbilly

Percy

Way to go ARKY.  ;D ;D I gotta look into this myself... ::)
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Kirk_Allen

My Hats Off to you Arky!  You earned it!

I hope to hit the 100,000 mark by end of January.............provided it doesnt get any colder.

isawlogs

Congrats Arky ,
 1-000-000-000 makes for alot of zerosss Also alot of hard work, :o
  Some day when I have to much time on my hands I will try and figur out how many actuel boards it took me to get to 1 mbf, average log x boards  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Norm

Way to go Arky! Now lets figure this out...say he sold that wood for an average of a buck a foot. Hmmm has anyone checked to see if he's towing Wanda with a Cadillac lately.

MULE_MAN

Congratulation ARKY

You might want to give Wanda a oil change now  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Captain

It seems this is all a little late to me....

I think it is just a ploy by the folks at WM to get Arky into a new LT70...

Captain

OneWithWood

Congratulations Arky 8) 8) 8)

Give Wanda May a much deserved lube job ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

sparks

Congrats ARKANSAWYER. A lot of hard work is done to reach this milestone. Welcome to the 1,000,000 club.
The question has been asked "What do I need to do to join?"
If your a WoodMizer owner, and you've reach the 1,000,000 bf, you need to call 1-800-525-8100 and ask for an application to join. The applications asks a variety of questions used to approve this. We take our customers good word that what they state is true.
Once validated, you will then receive a 10% discount on most parts purchases (excluding blades and accessories) and you will receive an engraved plaque and a cool jacket with 1,000,000 bf member embroidered on it. A second jacket can be purchased for $45.00 plus shipping. 2XL jackets are slightly higher. Thanks all.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Timber_Framer

Wow! That's a lot O boards!
Way to go ARKY ;D
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Murf

Congrats there Arky.  ;D

Of course being the pest-amist that I am (an optimist with experience) I do the math the other way around.....

1,000,000 BF of green wood at an average weight of say 4,000 pounds per 1,000 BF, that would be about 4,000,000 pounds of wood, plus say another 10% for slabs plus the wrestling of the logs in the first place, another 10% for a total of probably tickling 5,000,000 million pounds of wood.

I'm gettin' tired just doin' the math.......  :P
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

iain

Good on yah, whats that about 1500 blade changes ;D

i'm only on 180,000, and thats after 3 years, but i'm doing alot more outside work now 200,000 should be by the end of feb :)

iain

isawlogs

iain
  Does those pink coverall bring much extra work ??? ;D ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

iain

Not the offer's your thinking off ;)

iain

ARKANSAWYER

THANKS!   But Wanda did most of the work.  Murf started the math but here are some more numbers,
  I have drug Wanda over 50,000 miles and worn out 6 tires, and busted off the front and rear landing legs twice going where she really did not belong.  
  It is closer to 1,700 blade changes and I have destroyed about 100.  Will showed Bibbyman one of mine up at Mt Vernon that had not a single tooth left on it sometime back.
  I have spent about $1,200 for repair parts and about $1,000 for stuff like oil, plugs and belts.
   There is no telling how many gloves I have worn out but I bet a herd of cows is missing their hides as I go through about a pair a week.
  Last March was my best month and I sawed 39,673 bdft.
  I have sawed over 80,000 bdft for one customer and Kirk Allen has been there.
  If I go ahead and expand next year ARKANSAWYER Sawmill will start sawing 1.2 to 1.5 million bdft a year.  
  I can still remember when I first got my mill and sawed for the first customer I thought that 1 million bdft was out of reach and 100,000 bdft would take a long time.  Hit 100,000 in about 6 months and been running full tilt ever since.
  Wanda shows her scars but can still cut with the best and shave a 0.030 thick board any time you want one.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

Yea,  I think it's been easier on Wanda.  She'll probably be still sawin' long after you've hung it up.! :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Swede

Congratulations ARKY! Must be a LOT of lumber! :o

Do you all count sawed bdf ? I just count money earned and money spent, trying to get balance :( Perhaps time to start note M3  on my wall???

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

MULE_MAN

Congratulation Arky

Wanda might have done most of the work,,, But your the man running the mill
and that's allot of work, I hope your taking care of yourself as you do Wanda
 People parts don't get replaced that easy  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Patty

1,000,000,000 bdft    :o    Wow! I am impressed. Congratulations ARKY, you deserve a break. Enjoy your holidays,  and then after January 1st, you can go back at it hard again.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!