iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arky gets his spot on the wall.

Started by Bibbyman, December 15, 2004, 04:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

I think Patty just moved you to a new spot on the wall.  ;D 8)

I think she is in the Christmas spirit, so Merry Christmas to Arky and everyone.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Paschale

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Kirk_Allen

Yes, I have been to the BIG JOB that Arky did.  What a project.

I thought I would post another postive photo for Arky. I was in Indy today so I stopped by to pick up some WM parts and there it was clear as day on the million board foot board.  Couldnt resist taking the photo.

What a company.  Lunch is free between 11-1 at WM for its cusomers.  That was great...................except I had stopped at Wendy's before getting there.  

Said hey to Sparks.  Super Guy.  Even got a christmas present from him.  An official Wood-Mizer Pocket knife!

My hats off to WM, but more importantly, ARKY: This threads for you!.

Way to go!

DR Buck

QuoteThe latest addition of Wood-Mizer Way came the other day.

OK...so what's Wood-Mizer Way?   I get the Wood-Mizer News on rare occasions, but never heard of "Wood-Mizer Way.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer stopped sending out the Wood-Mizer News a while back and started sending out The Wood-Mizer Way.  I think this is the second issue.  This one is marked Winter 2004.  

If you don't get your issue pretty soon,  I'd call and find out what the deal is.  You're missing out on a lot of good articals, pictures, and info.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

Thanks Kirk!  I will have to run out there and see it in person some time and charge some more parts to Bibbyman. ;D
   Patty I will work on that number as well.  Maybe I can start a new board at WM headquarters for the billion bdft club.
   What I do not understand is Bibbyman gets his WM mag about a week before me.  Mine just got here two days ago.  I guess we need faster ponies to get the mail here.
  As for the amount of lumber that is only 250,000 1x6x8' boards.  So you only need to saw about 375 of them a day and if you saw 200 days a year that is 75,000 boards or 300,000 bdft.   Being oak they will only weigh about 18 lbs each which means some one has to tail 1,350,000 lbs of fine oak lumber.  No wonder I am getting shorter.  Also you will do well to remember these numbers if you get ticked at me and decide to take up the issue as you will need to bring your lunch. ;D
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Kevin_H.

I always thought they sent out the Woodmizer way according to the alphabet, but Arkansawyer comes before Bibbyman ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

MULE_MAN

No !! Kevin   I think they send them out according to your age !!

They figure the older people need longer to read it   ;)  ;D  :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Patty

Guess I was so excited that I got carried away with the zeros. Now you have a new goal, Arky!  ;D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

whitepe

Congrats Arky,   :)
You wouldn't have been able to do it with
out those log dogs keeping you company.
You better buy those fellas a box of milk bones   ;D
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

customsawyer

Congrats Arky
About all I can say is WHEW :P
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

ARKANSAWYER

I wondering how many other bandmill (swingers to)manufactors have clubs like WM's 100,000 and Million bdft club?
  I know big circle mills do not worry about it as when I was running the big round blade I cut about a million bdft every 2 1/2 months and had the sawdust pile to prove it.  There is about a thousand of us who have made the million bdft club and many others like Bibbyman and Pro-Sawyer Mary who have done it but have not kept count and put in the paper work.  It was a factor in buying my mill knowing they lasted long enough to saw that much.  There was a Guy up in Canada in the last WM Way who has sawn about 8 million bdft with their mill. :o   Good to know they will last that long so Wanda had better suck it up and get ready for a bit more work. ;D
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Tom

The million board foot club that woodmizer instigated is Just Good Marketing. The companies that involve their customers and create a closeness, such as Woodmizer has done, are few and far between.

Most companies are happy to make that one first sale and don't worry about keeping a customer base or maximizing the advertisement qualities of the sale.

Thank You Sponsors!