iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Green house

Started by Peter Drouin, February 22, 2016, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

Wind storm came though a week or so ago and made a mess, The poly is green house poly good for 5 years. this poly been on 6 years.
New stuff coming. :D

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

coxy

what do you grow in there   do you grow for your self or do you sell

Peter Drouin

Just for Ann and I. She does a lot of canning.

Once you have a green house, you won't go back outside. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

blackfoot griz

Here, I consider three or four years OK for the 5 year greenhouse plastic. Currently, mine looks a lot worse! Time to order....again!

69bronco

Nice looking greenhouse Peter, how do your sides open? Looks like roll up but can't tell. Also do you double your poly?

Farmerjw

Peter, the one end with the boxes, is that where you start seeds?  And if so, do you wall off part of the end so you heat this only?

Premier Bovine Scatologist

gww

Do you fill your raised boxes with dirt or do you have false bottoms and only fill the top?  I wanted to build a green house but have never got around to it yet.  Looks good.
gww

Peter Drouin

Quote from: 69bronco on February 23, 2016, 08:22:45 AM

Nice looking greenhouse Peter, how do your sides open? Looks like roll up but can't tell. Also do you double your poly?

Just a strip of poly held on with 1"x2" strapping

Quote from: Farmerjw on February 23, 2016, 10:15:12 AM
Peter, the one end with the boxes, is that where you start seeds?  And if so, do you wall off part of the end so you heat this only?

Yes, I start the seeds in there. The heat is from the lights and [or] a heat pad inside. the box. It's 16' long.

Quote from: gww on February 23, 2016, 10:44:39 AM
Do you fill your raised boxes with dirt or do you have false bottoms and only fill the top?  I wanted to build a green house but have never got around to it yet.  Looks good.
gww

The bottom of the raze beds are filled with gravel 2' then the top 1½' is loam. I use old bed rail ½ way nailed to the 4x6 when I was making the beds so they would not spread apart. And drilled holes and use rebar like nails to put the 4x6 together.
Don't fill to the top of the beds with loam, you won't have room for compost and manure later. See in the pic I had to add a 4x6 all the way around for more room. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

gww

peter
Thanks for answering my question.
gww

Deese

Peter that is a super neat greenhouse setup you have sir  O0
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

21incher

Hard to believe it is that time of the year already. I am enjoying fresh lettuce from under my grow lights now, and placed my spring seed order. Where is the best place to buy the plastic? I have one of those tent shelters that I plan on turning into a greenhouse this fall. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Peter Drouin

The mag is Growers Supply, a division of Farmtek. All kinds of things in there. Good luck.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

sandsawmill14

growers supply is great i tried to raise plants to sell a few years ago and i could never have what they wanted. i always sold at least 90% of them at a local flea market as im in such a rural location i did make money but it was alot of work for 1 guy and i was heating with wood i only raised about 150,000 plant a year so wasnt big enough to make a living but to big for 1 guy to handle and make a living to. i also hatched and sold 10-12000 baby chickens a year. i got tired of working 20 hour days so this is the 2nd year i havent run incubators or greenhouse :) sorta felt bad as the few neighbors kept coming by last spring to get plants and i didnt have them but i sold less than 500 plants from home and i couldnt justify runnig the greenhouse for just that. other than the planting it would be s much work to do 500 as it would 100,000  :-\
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Thank You Sponsors!