iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pigroast 2008 Info thread and RSVP

Started by Jeff, June 21, 2008, 10:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

During the pig roast I saw several people trying to be Tom impersonators. I want to know which of these guys came the closest to looking like Tom sitting on the pool house porch.
Burlkraft with his best effort .

pasbuild or aka The Bob

james giving it a try

Keven_h

jtmccallum

I don't think any of them came close to being Tom, but at least james had on the correct color shirt.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Corley5

Great Time as usual  8) 8)  Thank you Jeff and Tammy and thank you everyone that donated door prizes and brought food  8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Kevin_H.

Wow just got home, bout 11 hrs drive time to get back to our place.

What a fun time we had. great to meet all our old friends, Well I mean not all our friends are old, nope wait that still didn't come out right... Glad to see everyone, how's that.  :D

Quote from: WDH on August 03, 2008, 07:00:22 PM
Kevin_H,  those cinnamon laced pancakes with the maple syrup were simply outstanding, and I want to thank you for your generosity.  You have a wonderful family, and you cook good grits :D ;D.

No problem, it was fun. Cant wait to do it again.  8)

Did ya try the fried oreo's and pickles? Oh baby!
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Kevin

QuoteCant wait to do it again

Could you do it till 9:30AM next time Kevin?  ;D

Dan_Shade

Dave, Kitty, and myself made it back to my Folks place in WV around 9pm this evening, they shot on down to their spread in Va.  I'm sure Dave will check in when he get a chance.  It was nice being able to ride along with them.

What a long drive ride.  I was hoping to meet the entire southern chapter, hopefully next year!

I had a great time, thanks to Jeff and Tammy for creating such a great website and to the members making it what it has become!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

DR Buck

We're home and the car is unloaded.     What a great time it was!  8)     Really nice to see the returning members (and families)again and meet some new ones for the first time.    The ride with Dan Shade along was great.   I think we discussed ALL of the world problems and came up with solutions for about 6 of them.  ;D

Jeff and Tammy did a fine job of hosting and making everyone feel welcome.     smiley_clapping

And for our missing  french speaking north-of-the-border friend.  Next year,  eh eh
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Kevin_H.

Quote from: Kevin on August 03, 2008, 10:09:26 PM
QuoteCant wait to do it again

Could you do it till 9:30AM next time Kevin?  ;D

We will make sure you get some next time,  ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: WDH on August 01, 2008, 11:35:38 PM
Dodgy in a Tux in 2009.  Yep, that is your penalty for missing this years  Pig Roast.  We have all decided ;D.

Lucky for me y'all are all old and will have forgotten about this by next year. :-X ;D ;D ;D
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pigman

Quote from: Jeff on July 29, 2008, 01:25:32 PM
A brand new product just arrived from LogRite Tools as a Prize for the Pig Roast!

This year, the big door prizes are going to be done differently. You are going to need to be a registered Forum member, and your going to need to do some thinkin and cypherin. ;D 

Be thinking Pigs and Pinecones. :)

And a Yooper and a hillbilly were the two winners of "thinking and cypherin" contest.

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: Jeff on August 03, 2008, 11:03:43 PM
wanna bet? ;D

What would be the point?  You'll forget about the bet, too...:D

Oh wait, I forget that all of this stuff is saved for posterity on your servers ::)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Jeff

Quote from: dundee on August 03, 2008, 01:27:29 PM
Jeff, forgot to mention, my size is "L" large, not XXXLLL that I see you guys are built, too much piggy roasts  ;D

Richard, I have a shirt for you thanks to Burlkraft!  Send your address to me in a private message and we will send it out to you.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

Quote from: pigman on August 03, 2008, 11:08:14 PM
And a Yooper and a hillbilly were the two winners of "thinking and cypherin" contest.

So Bob ...............  Whadjaw win ???

Thanks Bob for missing my présence , and for taking care of giving all thoses hugs for me .  :-*   ;D

Buck , Oui je souhaite bien être capapble, l'an prochain, d'être de la fête  :)

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

dundee

OH BOY--you and Burlkraft have made my day AND--it's my 70th tomorrow, I will wear it with pride

Thanks so much

Warbird

I'd like to hear more about this contest.  What sort of cyphers?

DR Buck

Quote from: Warbird on August 04, 2008, 01:36:09 AM

It's got somthing to do with transparent plastic pigs and not pine cones.  ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Burlkraft

A good time was had by all  8)  8)  8)  8)

Especially by Steven H. That little guy will eat just about anything  :D  :D  :D  If they wouldn't a pulled him out he'd still be in the pool. He's a great little guy and it was fun meetin' him  ;)  ;)  ;)

I was downloadin' my pics out of the camera and I didn't git a picture of Jeff and Tammy with their anniversary cake  >:(  >:(  >:(  It was their 56th....Jeff had 28 years in and so did Tammy  :D  :D  :D

It was a little smaller crowd this year, but it was a good 'un.

Thanks to Jeff and Tammy and Stacy and Scooter and Juno and especially Ice for havin' us and lettin' us mess up their place fer a couple a days.

I'll post some of my pictures later. Right now I gotta take Jill to work  ::)  ::)  ::)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

pigman

Quote from: Warbird on August 04, 2008, 01:36:09 AM

The contest was guessing the number of pine cones spruce cones in this clear plastic container about 500ml in size. About the cypherin part, I just did as a hillbilly does and guessed, but I heard that the Yooper borrowed a calculator.  I am not sure how the calculator helped, but he won by a large margin. I am thinking that he shut his eyes and just punched in some numbers. :D

JV

Thank you Tammy and Jeff.  Jane and I had a wonderful time.  Roast piggy, great people,
and super weather, could'nt ask for more.  Thoroughly enjoyed the company and the conversations, just like old friends even though it was the first time for some.  Found that even though many miles separated us, we had many things in common.  Counting the days until next year.

Oh yeah, can't wait for those boxes to arrive from Wood-mizer   8)   8)   8) 
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

dewwood

Thanks to Jeff and Tammy and all of the donors of door prizes the Piggy Party was a great event as usual.  It was good to renew old acquaintances and make some new ones.  I hope everyone makes it home ok and the ones travelling on northward have safe trips.  Is the calendar going for next year yet? 8) 8) 8)
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

WDH

I want all you Southerly Southern members to know that I held down the fort for you and tried to preserve your honor.   Me and the Fat Olde Elf were your unduly elected Southernmost delegates :).

Because preserving your honor is rather difficult, I can use a little more help next year  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

dnalley

OK, I gotta ask...how many cones in the plastic pig ???  Thanks,  Dwight

ADAMINMO

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

SwampDonkey

Well, probably somewhere in the middle.  :D 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!