iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Safety Bulletin from a deer stand!

Started by Jeff, November 03, 2014, 03:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Why it is always a good thing to check your buddy heater before you light it. Had to remove all of this stuff via a 1 inch square hole. Four mice eyes came out before the stuffing. Eek!  I chased them a round the deer blind with the only weapon I had on hand. An extended reach bic lighter used as a club and dagger.  Stunned them all one at a time long enough to toss them out.

Grass, paper towel, Styrofoam, leaves, carpet fibers, hair and who knows what else packed in there. This is a heater from an elevated blind. Can you imagine if I would have actually lit it ?(assuming it would light at all, or even will now) My old prostrate ant capable of extinguishing such a conflagration any more.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mooseherder

Our shop vac was completely full of that material at the cabin.  Mice came running out the hose when we went to use it.  They're all over the place.  Disgusting part of the food chain.

thecfarm

Not good. Seem like one year you had a hard time with the ladder to the stand?? Them deer are out to get ya.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

That ladder incident was a stand on my old property. This is at the cabin.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

I'm sure I don't want to know the details, but I've never heard of using your prostate for fire control.  :o
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Weekend_Sawyer

That mouse must have traveled from WV! I had the same nest in the same type of heater!  :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

drobertson

At least the blind was still there,  they call them pack rats for one reason.  they pack it in for sure.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!