iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

prentice 210 ignition problems

Started by woodduckhunter, December 01, 2019, 06:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodduckhunter

have an older pretty well used loader I use to unload a few trucks maybe 3 or 4 times a week at small sawmill operation.  while in use the other day, something shorted behind the gauge panel to the left and smoked some.  loader still works fine, but I just turn on power switch and jump post with channel locks to start it, but would like to fix ignition.  the way some stuff is, backtracking wires is pretty hard.  on bottom of ignition, there's a ground, hot battery, acc, and ign.  haven't been able to back track the ign wire to see where it goes, don't know what acc is as electric fuel lift pump is wired in direct, and ground and hot battery go back to solenoid.  what can I do exactly in regards to running new wires from solenoid into a new ignition, bypassing everything that's causing the problems?  thanks

woodduckhunter

is there any way that I could bypass the ign switch and relay with a  two point push start switch?  this loader doesn't have any electric accessories that need juice by a key being in the run position.  i'm just looking for the quickest easiest way to get it started without jumping post

A-z farmer

Woodduckhunter 
The older electrical systems are very simple to rewire weather it is a gas or diesel.
I do not like any one jumping the solenoid to start anything,I know of many people who have been killed by machines they thought were out of gear.
I would suggest that you find what burned and make a very simple new wiring harness just to start and run it.
On all our machines on the farm we carry fire extinguishers and you would not believe how many times over the years fires start because of electrical malfunctions.
I hope this helps you some .
Zeke

Tthinc 35

If you were strictly push button starting it you would only need a single wire from starter solenoid ignition post to button and single wire from button back to starter solenoid power post. Because pushing the button is the same as shorting it out the way you are with a wrench just safer. I hope this helps best of luck to you.

mills

Must be something inherent to that switch. >:( Mine did the same thing back a month ago while I was running it. Shut the key switch off and it quit smoking. Everything worked normal the next time I used it, and has ever since. Bringing it home next week for cleaning, oil change, and some minor repairs to the buck saw. Planning on checking out then. I'll let you know what I find. 

Thank You Sponsors!