iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

corn plants everywhere

Started by redpowerd, May 10, 2005, 10:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redpowerd

yes norm thats a john deere 1750 behind that red peice of junk. got ourselves 120 acres in before the rain.

this is before i planted the two acres of sixty day sweet corn.

NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Roxie

Looking good Red!   :)  I love this time of year.....tractors and mule teams are in every field......sunshine, blue skies! 
What else are ya putting in?  ???
Say when

Norm

Woah two acres of sixty day sweet corn huh. You must have more than just a roadside stand to sell that much. Our first field corn that was planted in April is up and growing. Last of the beans went in yesterday late, all done with the planting. We're just hobby farmers (anything less than 500 acres) so we get stuff in a little ahead of average.

Jon the way JD thinks their tractors are so valuable Red looks better all the time. ;D

MULE_MAN

Yes !! There proud of that green paint,  I know here in Central Missouri
you don't see as many Green Tractor as you do Red. Allot of the Farmer's
Farming the river bottom grounds has went to Red Tractor. I'm sure the Price
has allot to do with it
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Kirk_Allen

All our Corn and Beans are in.  Beans went in last week corn is already up and looking good. 

Now as far as the them green tractors go, I have to say I missed out on the deal of a lifetime by 5 minutes :(

1970 JD 4020 with Loader - $7200.00

Walked into to ask what they wanted for it and they pointed to a guy that pulled in ahead of me.  I saw him pull in and go inside but I went over to look at the tractor. It was in FINE shape with 2200 hrs.  The guy was writing a check for it when I went through the door. 

The even sold it with a 6 month warranty since they just went through everything to make sure it all worked. 

Im really bumming over this one! 

redpowerd

yea thats too bad kirk. you proly could have turned around and sold it for 15. i got my 684 a few years back and could proly get 2 more than i paid for it now. iron thats at least 20 years old is really starting to appreciate, specially low hour stuff like that.

IH tractors are just so much more reliable. naomis dad has about 15 john deere tractors that are in a constant loop in and out of the shop, granted they aint new, but they are allways getting major rebuilds.

i really have no idea what to do with all of the sweet corn, worked out a deal with the neighbor kid to sell some on the 4 corners. we just had a bunch of samples laying around, some of it was kinda old.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Jason_WI

"some of it was kinda old"

My dad planted corn that was 3 years old. He found it in the grainery and was short in the last 3 acres. You could count on one hand the number of seeds that germinated.  :D :D :D ;D ;D

Good luck

Jason

For some reason the quote tool quoted my whole post instead the the part I wanted quoted ??? ???
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

redpowerd

was it seed corn or grain?

i dont think ill have much of a problem with germination, couldnt find a cracked seed in the lot.

if anyone is passing close to up-upstate ny on their way to the piggy roast, i could easily donate a few hundred ears for the munchin.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Jason_WI

Hybrid seed corn.  I don't think the seed has to be cracked for it not to germinate, especially if mites got in it.

He plants all Round-Up ready and Round-Up ready BT corn. Alternates the BT every other row. At over 100 bux a bag it better grow!!!

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

redpowerd

we got 12 units of RR to try out in a test plot. only thing invested is the time at harvest.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Jason_WI

Don't be tempted to spray too soon with RR. Ya hafta wait till all the weeds are up for Round-Up to work. I think my dad didn't spray till the first week in July. All the fields were clean. Too bad we didn't get the rain in late August as the test weight was only in the mid 40's last year. We are just planting corn here now.

Jason

UNCLEBUCK

A bag of r/r dekalb seed corn is 135$ over here . Nice tractor red ! Get back planting !  ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

redpowerd

cant, too wet buck!

we have been planting RR beans for years. have noticed resistant pigweed and just starting to see some resistant velvetleaf. one of the main reasons we dont use RR corn.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Quartlow

Tractors are like everything else, sometimes they are good and sometimes they are junk, Around here on the cousins farm we have JD, 4520 ( a huge beast) and a 2970, Farmall H , Allis Chalmers C, restored and working. And the pride and joy as far as I'm concerned is a 1750 Oliver. completely rebuilt from the ground up.  Cousin and I have all the field planting done. Now I can concentrate on my garden.

AS for old seed, I planted open polenated blue corn last year that was 5 years old and it all came up. Of course I don't screw with all those nasty chemicals. I just let mother nature take her course.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Roxie

Ok, here's my idea of a good tractor.  This is my "new" 1955 Case 400 as we were bringing her home.  We've got a lot of work to do (the first thing I did was rip the pusher off)....but, she runs great.  We hope to have it restored in time for the antique pulls this summer. 
8)
Say when

Haytrader

Sounds like I need to buy some IH tractors here and bring them up your way Red. They aren't a hot item in this part of country. I think Green sells good anywhere.
Haytrader

redpowerd

10-4 haytrader. what you make hay without any ih tractors? or u just a broker?  brother dave is taking delevery of a spankin new gehl round bailer in a few weeks, should cut back immensely on the amount of time making hay this year. 8)

tractor looks good and straight roxie, have fun. id love to get into pulling tractors if i had the time, have to go with a 06-66 series IH. there you go haytrader, you have a project. has to be CHEAP, and falling apart, ready for scrap! :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Haytrader

Red,

Yeah, I am a broker, brokest, well anyway I am broke most of the time.
;)
This is what we use to move hay with.
KW T600  475 HP Cat    54' dropdeck

This was my baling tractor I sold a couple weeks ago.

Case 2094 w/Dual loader
Haytrader

submarinesailor

Hey Quartlow,

Has your cousin had any problems with the JD4520?  A good friend of mine just brought one – traded his JD4400 for it..  All I can say is "$%^&" what a tractor! ;D ;D ;D ;D  Logs that we could only pick up with the 4400's rear links, we are now picking up with the front loader.  Makes it real nice when handling them 2,000 lbs oak logs.

subsailor

Jason_WI

This weekend I had a fun job.....

Spreading the liquid gold on the soybean fields.  ;D ;D smiley_airfreshener

Jason

Haytrader

Jason got to run the "Honey Wagon"

>:(
Haytrader

gary

IT'S A sh--.ty job but someones got to do it.Just glad it wasn't me

iain

Jason here you'd be called a honey farmer :D

iain

redpowerd

cornzup!
took this sunday

again, anyone passing thru northern northern ny on the way to the piggfest, please stop in so i can donate a few hunnerd ears.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

redpowerd

ill have to put a driver in the wanted section.

id like to see cobs of my corn getting munched down at the piggfest. surprized nobody has come out and testified their travels across the great adirondaks to get to the roast, if the have.....please let me know.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Thank You Sponsors!