iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

are they 0k?

Started by old joe, June 13, 2008, 02:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old joe

T%he Forum has been pretty quiet since the last round of tornadoes and flooding.  Any news of our members?
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

gizmodust

Seems like the whole country is getting hit with storms of some sort.  The northwest , snow.  Everyone else rain, twisters and hail.  So far, up here (Mi.) we're still dodging the drops.  How about elsewhere :-\ ?
Always liked wood with alot of character

Sprucegum

I am happier than a pig in mud , we finally got a little rain yesterday.

They were drowning to the West and drowning to the East but I was waaay to dry here. The farmers were muttering about drought again  :'(

The little rain we got won't cure a drought but it may be a sign of more to come.

iffy

My hometown got hit last wk. We moved about 15 miles away last year, so were out of it. Chapman, Kansas. Right thru the middle of town. Got all 3 schools, 3 churches. Killed one, injured many. One of my friends crawled out of his basement after it was over and couldn't find either one of his cars, but had accumulated 4 extra ones. Community storm shelter was the underground lockers in the district gym. The gym got hit, lost roof and a wall. Everybody who drove to the storm shelter lost their car. Funeral home was totaled. Lots of caskets laying around.
Most insurance companies were cutting checks the next day, as soon as they saw the property. One insurance company is playing games, asking for structural engineers, doling out payments in increments, etc. That company will lose a tremendous amount of business, as word of mouth is the most powerful advertising out there. They insured the schood district and are playing games with them. All school districts in Kansas will be informed by the Superintendent about this companie's practices.
The guy who owns the construction and demolition landfill lost his house and so did his son, who is his business partner. Since the city, county, or state don't have enough money to fund the cleanup, Federal money had to be accepted. This of course means bureaucrats and they are screwing around with the landfill guy. They were giving him fits because they say some wall and roof materials going to the dump on Saturday, and they told him only limbs were to be hauled Saturday. He had already talked to Ks dept of Health and got the green light to accept all forms of debris. He told the feds he wasn't even charging to dump limbs, so butt out.
The residents have an excellent attitude and they are not setting around waiting for the feds to ok stuff. They are just doing it. The universal opinion in town seems to be if the bureacrats would either leave or just observe, the locals would "git 'er done". There were 1,000 out of town volunteers in town Saturday and the population of Chapman is only 1,300.

old joe

Iffy, glad to hear you're all right.  sorry to hear about the wide spread damage. It has been my experience that people will rush to help when their neighbor's in need .good luck

joe

\
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

Thank You Sponsors!