iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT40 Super HD pumps.

Started by Dave Shepard, February 22, 2016, 07:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

One of my HD solenoids has died, but the hydraulics are still working with the one pump. The problem is, I don't seem to be getting the same power, albeit at a slower speed, as I was before. If I dead head one of the functions, the diagnistic gauge in the hydraulic box reads about 2100 psi. That should be enough to raise a big log with the loader arms, but I was having trouble with one that it should have lifted easily. I've heard of issues with fluid leaking out when one pump is dead, but that isn't happening in this case. Both pumps are filled to spec. I was going to steal the solenoid by the battery, but decided I could wait until WM could ship a new one.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

The operating pump should be overfilling the non-operating pump.  The loader should still lift the same weight, but slower.

It sounds like your operating pump may need attention.  ??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

That's what I thought should be happening. The one working pump is making pressure, so I don't understand what is going on. When it first Halpern's, I took the cover iffy the hydraulic box to make sure it wasn't leaking fluid and to try and diagnose why the other pump want running. I didn't have my multi meter, and it want leaking, so I kept sawing, as I had people there to help. After I put the cover back on, both pumps were running and everything was fine until the next time I shut the mill off. I may steal that solenoid after all, just to see if everting starts working properly again.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

When you order solenoids get 2.  That is an "always" spare item for me.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kbeitz

If the solenoids sticking you might be able to get it going again by tapping it when its engerized.
Might buy you some time.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Dave Shepard

MM, yes, that was my thought as well. I've already replaced the one next to the fuse box, which I don't think your revision mill has.

I haven't tried tapping while energized. I'll try that.

Magicman

Quote from: Dave Shepard on February 23, 2016, 07:11:52 AMI've already replaced the one next to the fuse box, which I don't think your revision mill has.
Oh yes, and I have also upgraded the fuses to the newer version.

Dave Shepard

For some reason, I thought you didn't have that one. Maybe it's the hydraulic mills with the small control box that didn't have them. '96 to early '97 ish and older?

Magicman

The major revisions were sometime in '97.

Thank You Sponsors!