iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I laughed too..

Started by 4x4American, November 02, 2015, 09:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never finished

I use my digital angle finder, or call my oldest son. Give him the numbers, wait till he calls back. 

grweldon

Quote from: Brian_Weekley on November 03, 2015, 08:05:22 PM
Quote from: ljohnsaw on November 02, 2015, 10:22:04 PM
Break out the Trig tables! :D  And remember the Indian you learned about in Geometry class, SohCahToa (IIRC). 

I learned it as "Oscar Had A Heap Of Apples" (for Sin, Cos, and Tan).  Still use that phrase all the time! :P

I'm with Brian... that's how I learned it as well...
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Kbeitz

That sharpener also looks the same as Grizzlys. Just a different color.
I got a new one in the shop. But I learned to use a diamond cutter
in a dremel and now I don't even take the chain off to sharpen.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

terrifictimbersllc

Way more smarts here than necessary.  :P :P :P
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Gearbox

I would of moved the uprite back to make equal distance and cut 45's . I flunked geometry so I go for the work around
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

reedco

String line sliding bevel square  set it carry it over to the saw. set saw. cut it DONE! but the other is a chalenge for our minds and we need that to stay young!
Not many trees

Dave Shepard

If you are gusseting a right angle, put a square on it and mark a plumb and a level cut. I'll get a pic later.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dave Shepard

You can measure the horizontal and vertical distances and apply the square accordingly.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

4x4American

Thanks Dave, wonder why I didnt think of that lol seems so simple
Boy, back in my day..

Dave Shepard

It's how I cut 3-4-5 braces in timber framing.

Thank You Sponsors!