iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wish I had some help

Started by drobertson, April 06, 2013, 07:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

75 cedars, ranging from 18' to 8'  a pile of pine, near 3000 bdft, bad back, one son with a torn acl, the other in college, and many questions as what to do,  will be down for six weeks min. as of April 18.  Just venting I suppose, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Tee

What happened? I'd be willing to bet anybody that likes this kind of work will be back at it before 6 weeks. Being said, don't do anything that would make 6 weeks 7-permanent.

dgdrls

Sorry to hear that especially the physical injuries,

If you were closer I would volunteer my services
just to learn more,

get well soon,

DGDrls

Sixacresand

Looks like an opportunity for somebody to have a working vacation in Missouri and gain some experience running a LT 40.    (trying to get you some cheap help, drobinson)
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

That is tough news.  The only thing that could be worse would be for the cook to be down for 6 weeks instead of you.   :-\  Take care.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rmack

don't know your background, but I'm at the point where I have basically given up on being 100% anymore. one thing heals up and another lets go... it's getting to be just an endless string of injuries that will probably dog me the rest of my life. part of getting old I guess. I'm off to work 6 week shutdown next week, with freshly buggered shoulder.

my life is pretty simple, need money - have to work.  :)
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

Kingcha

If it was a month ago I would have come down for 4 weeks.    I got wood coming next week to build my leen-to then my mill is coming 2 weeks later.   I would have loved to get the experience.

Hope all goes well.

Matt
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

dboyt

Good news, is that the cedars will still be ready whenever you are.  Sorry to hear things have been tough on you, wish I could come up and help.  If a weekend opens up, I'll sure let you know!  Try to keep your spirits up, and avoid the temptation of going back to work before you're back to 100%
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

drobertson

Thanks guys!  the night of posting was a pity party, just saying, we had a great day today, made sunday school, always a blessing, plotted the new garden spot, got in touch with dig rite, and made it to the mill, sorted the  pine, and continued on the cedar for a short spell, love cutting the cedar, love cutting it all really, things will work out, always does, patiencence is critical. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

drobertson

Got a phone call today from one of my custormers, who knows of my up coming surgery and limited mobility offered to help with some logs!  Then ran into another at the grocery store who offered to help as well!  Now it's time to quit making excuses and make some lumber, 

OlJarhead

If you were closer I'd send my son to help just for the experience!!!
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

drobertson

You guys are great!  Not sure if I could give much experience with the exception of what not to do ;D but all the offers are more than generous, thanks,  fact is the problem is me, I hate having someone do what I can do, always have, just now I have limits and sad to say there is more humble pie than I can eat ;D  I will see how the week goes and make the calls this week end, as I believe, there is no time like the present!   david

clww

If I was closer, I'd come help you for some experience. :-\
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

sumday

Glad to hear you have some local help possibilities, wish the boys and I were closer too. Hardest part is not trying to do too much too soon afterwards. Hope you recover quickly.

scully

Yup I hear you ! things are ramping up and I need a good tail man I broke some cartalige in my chest and am still healing but I need to saw ! My son may or may not be around ...... I have faith and I will make lumber !
I bleed orange  .

fishpimp

U better take it easy and pace urself.
The good thing about all that cedar is that it's relatively light weight . I threw a large slab completely over my slab pile!!! Been stuck sawin heavy swampy red oak past week .

JustinW_NZ

If the plane trip wasn't so expensive Id love a working holiday over your way to sort those pesky logs out!

Chin up and they will wait.

Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

rooster 58

Dave,
            I'd love to come and help you. Things are starting to heat up for me here. The mill is at marty's. When I get it back I already have 4 or 5 sawing jobs to do 8)

Thank You Sponsors!