iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What kind of critter?

Started by lowpolyjoe, August 02, 2013, 03:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowpolyjoe

Whatdya think?   Baby coyote?   Hanging out in the NJ suburbs mid day morning.  I've seen coyotes in the yard before but this guy is tiny and hairless.  About the size of a small dog

sprucebunny

There's hairless cats; is there hairless dogs ???
Real bad case of mange ???

Poor thing looks lonely.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

beenthere

I'd guess a sick coyote with the mange. By the looks of the wrinkles in the legs, not very healthy at all.
Did you contact your local animal control? Might be good to get it taken care of or 'cared for'.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

drobertson

Only thing for certain is that poor thing is sick,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Woodhauler

shoot it and let god figure it out ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

sandhills

Quote from: Woodhauler on August 02, 2013, 06:19:41 PM
Yah that's about right, mangey coyote is my best guess, but I wouldn't want to live like that no matter what I was.

coxy

Quote from: sandhills on August 02, 2013, 07:14:48 PM
Quote from: Woodhauler on August 02, 2013, 06:19:41 PM
Yah that's about right, mangey coyote is my best guess, but I wouldn't want to live like that no matter what I was.
if you have pets or kids better get that one/thing gone

red oaks lumber

that is one of the sickest coyotes if ever seen! the faster that thing is dispatched the healther the area will become.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

lowpolyjoe

:(

Figured he was probably sick but wasn't expecting that kind of response.   Haven't seen him since those pics  but I'll keep an eye out and maybe give a call to the authorities if he stays in the area

WmFritz

I agree with ALL the above. Even if he was healthy, I'd go with Woodhauler's advice. fudd-smiley
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Bandmill Bandit

I doubt he could a lasted more than a day or 2 the shape he was in. Poor little guy. I have had to do the kind thing for more that a few coyotes in my life but dont think i ever saw one that was completely naked.   
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Thank You Sponsors!