iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

COOKS AC36 use or New woodmizer lt35

Started by Hayseed, January 06, 2019, 07:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Congratulations on the new family member. Nurture and care for it and I am sure it will serve you well.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

scouter Joe

Way to go . I was pulling for you to go with the Cooks . I know that's the way I would have gone . Congratulations ! scouter Joe 

Two Trax

Congrats! Think you made the right choice! Good luck in your new venture.
Livin the dream!

samandothers

Percy

GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Hayseed

Thanks!  I can't wait to make some saw dust. It will be a few weeks before I pick it up. My buddy has a few logs he wants to saw before letting it go. It has a Volkswagen deisel on it.

redbeard

Hayseed  congrats on your AC 36 Cooks venture. I will be joining you on the learning curve come March
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

terrifictimbersllc

Congratulations, you definitely got yourself  something there! Looking forward to hearing about your sawing experiences and where this takes you next.🎯👍👍👍
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

KenMac

Last Friday, a couple of friends and I drove down to Cook's Saw Mfg. and checked out there operation and inspected an AC3662 along with a 14" edger. I was impressed with their equipment and plan on ordering a package deal in the next few days. I think you made the right choice.
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

timbur

Quote from: redbeard on January 13, 2019, 02:38:26 PM
Hayseed  congrats on your AC 36 Cooks venture. I will be joining you on the learning curve come March
redbeard , you have a 2019 3662 Cooks , or are getting one soon ? I have one coming in March 

Good luck Hayseed , I think you made a good choice !

redbeard

Timbur yes mine will be ready for pick up or delivery late February
I ordered in December too get a tier 3 Diesel
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

timbur

Quote from: redbeard on January 17, 2019, 10:57:45 PM
Timbur yes mine will be ready for pick up or delivery late February
I ordered in December too get a tier 3 Diesel
Enjoy , 
Mine is supposed to be ready mid March , I ordered it late Nov

Meadows Miller

G'day Everyone 

Sorry for my lack of posting the past few years life has been pretty busy after I got back to Australia i built a sawmill that was producing 12-15000 bft per day but left that to poor choise in business partner and went back to sawing with myself and my right hand man on my Lucas and Varteg mills along with buying a Norwood I setup to saw long beams all parked up there now dad still saws about 50000bft a year for his log building which keeps em running :) 

Then I met Skye my Wife online and decided to take another shot on a relationship which is going along amazing as shes great partner and gets excited about the same things I do and puts up with my timber babble  we have been married near on two years now shes also a sawmiller with an Lt70 and Awmv equipment .

I also have another project that I will write it's on thread for ;) :)

@Banjo picker @Magicman  @Red Beard I truly enjoyed feel blessed spending the short time we did together and had an amazing time together . 
You all treated n fed me really well from the crab at  Jeff's in WA to the Pigroast and alot of beers and sawing at Jake's lol to Burgers Chicken at Linns and Tim Willy and I having pulled pork sangas on our visit with him wildly was truly a great man 

Regards Chris 
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Banjo picker

@Meadows Miller it is good to hear from you.  Glad you found a lady that can hang with you on the sawing.  That will be a super big plus for a relationship.  

You will have to help me out with what Awmv equipment is.   say_what

Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Meadows Miller

Gday Tim

Great to hear from and talk to you again mate she is a rare find I'll say :)  AWMV is the production side of Wood Mizer sawmills and stands for Another Wood Mizer Vision I have heard mate

Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

redbeard

Thank You Sponsors!