iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

G F Beranek book from old growth logging to second

Started by black-tail, September 03, 2008, 01:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black-tail

Hello I'm looking for the book by G F Beranek from old growth logging to second.  It is for my father birthday he  found the book in his layers office before he hat heart surgery, he said if he makes it through the surgery he wanted the  book, only I can't find it  :(  He is a retired logger.  He started logging here in Oregon in 1962 and was forced to retire in about 2000 due to injuries, I'd like to make his 66th birthday special for him and get this book.
Thanks
Jon

Jeff

I dont think the title is correct. I think you are looking for "High Climbers and Timber Fallers" You can contact Jerry from his website here:

http://www.atreestory.com/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

Welcome black-tail!

I have High Climbers, it is a great book! Jerry also has several videos for sale, and they are worth every penny. I like "Old Growth". Awesome to see them working some big timber. :)

You might also want to get your dad on here to visit with some of the other loggers that have and still are working in the PNW.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

RSteiner

A friend of mine let me read his copy of High Climbers and Timber Fallers it is a very good book.

I also have a copy of Jerry's book The Fundamentals of General Tree Work which is full of good instruction covering every aspect of tree work.  I also have a couple of  videos Jerry has made.  One shows recreational tree climbers doing their thing and includes the trimming of  a very well known tree on the west coast.  My favorite video shows several different cutting crews working with some big trees.  We don't see threes like that on this side of the country.

Randy

Randy

black-tail

Thanks guys I'll look for that book, my sister  gave me the title so I'll ask again, I'll get that book for him anyway.  Dad does not use computers, but I'm telling you he should write a book.  He started back when they had gear reduction saw, now that was along time ago!  He has spent most of his day logging in the Columbia and Clatsop counties of Oregon.  I'll have to get some of his pics scanned and post them here for you all to see.  I have spent little time in the wood I knew at a young age if I went out I'd just be a statistic , and did not want that.  So I work in a paper mill and am also in the Oregon Air National Guard.  I do spens plenty of time out in the woods hunting dear,bear and elk.
Thanks again guys
Jon

Thank You Sponsors!