iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Problem HELP! Possibly big onan troubles?

Started by Jeff, September 04, 2005, 05:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I bet we got close to an inch, but thats the first rain we had had since two days before the pig roast I think.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

I think I've had less then 3" since the end of April or early May.
That was mostly in 2 or 3 storms.
East of here was getting dumped on a lot the begining of summer, I didn't get hardly anything.
Couple weeks ago my parents had a heavy storm that took down parts of trees in the neighborhood..........5 miles North, I had sunny skies.
It's odd when they are showing on radar that you will get hit in a couple hours and you think of all the stuff that you have been leaving outside without worry of it getting wet. You then go out and pick things up and ..................... no rain! ::) ::)
Rain is now out of the forcast for another week.

ladylake

Jeff  Did you give it a good workout yet? Running good?  The pulse hose to the fuel pump will always be wet, same as the oil cap or inside of the crankcase as that's where the air is coming from to run your fuel pump. Most likely there was a speck of dirt in the carb that you got out.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Jeff

Jeff

I ran the mill yesterday and cut to small red pine logs. Mill ran BAD while cutting.  THis morning I went out and changed the carb. I checked the oil and the level was good, but I think I detect the smell of gas.  I tried to start it, No fire.  Acted flooded.  I pulled the plug on the front side of the mill and it looked good, I pulled the plug on the back side and it looked good but wet. So, I decided I would crank the engine a couple times with the plug out. GOOD DANG thing I didnt have my face any closer. Must a blew at least an once of gas out.  Either that gas got in there last night after we shut it down, or it accumulated in the last cut or so when the engine felt like it was running on one cylinder.  You would think it would get sprayed out the exaust, but I guess, as liquid, how can it? Muffler goes straight up. 

As soon as I blew that stuff out of the cylionder and put the plug in it fired right off. I am going to go out and saw another log in a bit. Hope its better. Dont know what else it could be now if it aint. Different fuel pump and different carb.

Coon

Well,  for all of those who are wishing for rain......hmmm...... come and get some.  We have had by far more than needed.  95% of the crops here are still out in the field and we have yet been able to pick them up.   On a normal year we would be nearing the 60-75% finished point but not this year.  We can't even swath alot of the crop that is in the low spots cause they is full of H2O.  In the past month or so we have had atleast 15 inches of the wet stuff.  Getting kinda depressing.   Especially when our barley that should have went malt is now only of feed grade because it has sprouted.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Jeff

Stopped to grab some late breakfast.  MUCH BETTER! I think the problem is solved knock on wood.

woodbeard

well, here's hoping you end up with plenty to knock on!  ;D

ladylake

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Jeff

Its really running well. It was all in that carb somewhere.  I may pickup a kit for it and rebuild it so I have it on the shelf.

WH_Conley

Local dealer told me the only kit for the carb was a "bowl kit" float, needle valve and keeper pin. $85.00 later and no improvement at all.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!