iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw Milling.

Started by acco1840, June 03, 2011, 11:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acco1840

I spent a bit of time milling Huon Pine logs this morning for a mate down the road. The stihl 090 and home made Milling attachment went well and produced some nice slabs. Have never sawed Huon Pine before, and was surprised at how soft it was even though it was dry. Guess anything is soft after Tasmanian Hardwoods!!

Jasperfield

I'm glad it went well for you. As you know we don't have that kind of wood here.

Nevertheless; Whenever things go well for a fellow, he always wants to talk about it with his friends and tell 'em how it went. That's a large part of the Forestryforum, and I'm glad you've found us.

I've been a member for a while, but several have belonged for many years; And I'm just now realizing how much useful information is available.

I'd hate to try and organize, index, and catalog just the technical information available here (not to mention the talk & chatter) sufficient to publish same into print. A printed volume of the Forum's "technical only" information would be extraordinarily useful.

Thank You Sponsors!