Am I too strict

Started by Edvantage, February 13, 2021, 06:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Edvantage

Boys just got fishing report from friends. Apparently deep snow on lake has a layer of slush under it. Even snowmobiles are getting stuck. All I could say was I told you so!

Ron Scott

Not a safe environment for the young and inexperienced with a redone 4 wheeler 2 miles out on lake ice at night. A definite no! 

What lake are they fishing? Can they be tutored by some experienced local fishermen familiar with the lake area first?

~Ron

scsmith42

Do you have access to any portable radios or walki talkies? If they go you might send some with them, with you keeping one too.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

LIL

Have you let them read or have you read to them the replies in this thread?  Some great advice in here to share.  Also will show them you're not alone in your thinking, and you're definitely not being "strict". 

LIL 
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

doc henderson

as a dad, if I can not go, and I am not available to go if needed for help,...  you have heard enough I am sure.   :)  .  there are only a few grown ups I would trust to take my kids on any dangerous ventures.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

K-Guy

Edvantage

Sometimes NO! really means " I love you!"
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

OntarioAl

The answer should be No
And if the Lake you are referring to is Superior
The answer is No But H--L No

Al
 from the other side of Lake Superior
Al Raman

Edvantage

Superior is a no for sure. Ice is just starting to form in keweenaw bay. Weather's starting to break maybe boys can get out on portage lake this weekend. They will be walking which will be better than walking and pulling a stuck four wheeler.

Thank You Sponsors!