iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lost a chopper

Started by WV Sawmiller, July 16, 2019, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

I've had a crack in molar #19 for a couple years and resisted having it pulled. Already had a root canal on it and nothing else the dentists said they could do to fix it. They finally started talking Sepsis and scared me enough I agreed to get it pulled. The oral surgeon fired up his happy gas (NO2) yesterday and yanked it out faster than my granddaughters jerking perch out of the lake. He put in a bone graft and sewed it up and actually it seems to be mending fairly well for the first day after. I will go back in 3 months and he will drill in a post for an implant, wait another 3 months or so for the bone to grow around that then put a healing cap on it for my dentist to put the regular cap then it should last me the rest of my life if I live that long. I have 3 other implants and they have all taken a long time to install and were very costly but once done they are done for good - just like your regular teeth. 

I see these TV ads about same day implants and such but my dentists don't go that route. I think a lot of them are a bait and switch scheme.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

Sorry to hear that. I see the title, know it's written by a Marine, and was not thinking about teeth.  ;D Should have noticed where it was posted I guess. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

SS,

I'd hate to see the crew and passengers hurt but my opinion of most of the choppers I rode on, especially the ones in Iraq, was not that great. I guess they are good for what they are designed for but I find them a little short in the area of creature comforts ::).
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!