iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

16 gpm hyd. pump

Started by 47sawdust, November 26, 2020, 12:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

Looking for a reccomendation on a 16 gpm pump. 
Thanks 
Mick 
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Southside

Have you tried Surplus Center? 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

hedgerow

Another vote for Surplus Center in Lincoln Ne. I run the MTE brand of two stage pumps and they have been good. 

47sawdust

Yes, I have been looking at Surplus Center.
I'm not familiar enough to know what brand is preferable.
My experience with SC has been very good in the past.
Thanks
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

doc henderson

can also check with splitez and ask for James.  they have a basic website.  tell him doc from the forestry forum sent you.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

sawguy21

What is the application? If it is a home use log splitter an offshore unit from HF or a surplus center should meet your needs. If a more demanding use a Vickers or something similar from a farm/industrial supplier might be worth looking at.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jmur1

I did buy this 22 GPM and they make a 16 as well:

Two Stage 22 GPM Log Splitter Pump | Log Splitter Pumps | Flowfit

It was quite inexpensive and did split alot of wood.
$216 Canadian worked quite well.  I dont see them on Ebay anymore (edit they are on Ebay UK)but you may come across them in other stores - just thought I would mention them.  

Only drawback I found was the output shaft size was quite small.  I actually started to wear in the connector when not aligned and then started to heat.  I think if you avoid misalignment all wound be good.

jmur1
Easy does it

woodworker9

Along these same lines, what do the better commercial splitter companies use for brands of pumps?  Speaking for myself, I don't buy "offshore" stuff when I can avoid it, regardless of cost.  It's just my way.  I'm a big fan of doing things as best I can the first time around.
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

doc henderson

concentric barns is better brand, some feel the over seas stuff is ok, poss made in the same factory.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

mike_belben

Eaton, danfoss sauer, charlynn, bosch rexroth, parker, muncie power products, marzocchi... 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!