iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather 2024

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

twar

Clear, calm morning, -4°F (and the chickens, in their unheated coop, are still laying  :laugh:).

woodroe

Those are some tough chickens.
10*F here. Quick change in air mass like Ray mentioned.
Went from spring temps to arctic like in an hour.
Couple snow storms on the radar .
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

11F here, cold wind.  Going to be in the teens for highs for 5 days. Doesn't look like the next storm is until Wednesday up here and hovering up around 32F then. Not much snow for skiing or snowmobiling around here. Snowed some yesterday, but didn't accum. much of anything.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Got to 18F yesterday a little sun appeared in the afternoon, but was squally all morning. Was a little breezy out of the N.

Moon and stars this morning and 12F at this hour on the porch.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

20 ish here, warmer.
Snow moving in tomorrow, maybe 1/2 foot.
That Wednesday storm looks bigger mixed bag and wind but ending in mostly rain on the GFS model.
Had a 2nd of the season woodstove fire in the basement last night, hasn't been much frozen ground around so been staying above 50*in there.
But stiff enough now to do some trail maint. w/tractor.

doc henderson

We got about 3 inches yesterday.

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

Has dropped to 7F since earlier. Blue skies here, no wind.

thecfarm

Sunday storm will be all snow.
But Wed looks to be snow than turn to rain.
Last year we went through the snow than rain storms.
But seem like mid Jan the storms was all snow or not as much rain to make a big mess.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

15F here for the high today. Been burning a little extra wood to keep the fire going to heat the grow tent a little. Means that windows are open. ;D

WhitePineJunky

Quote from: thecfarm on January 06, 2024, 06:57:10 AM
Sunday storm will be all snow.
But Wed looks to be snow than turn to rain.
Last year we went through the snow than rain storms.
But seem like mid Jan the storms was all snow or not as much rain to make a big mess.
we are getting that snowstorm tomorrow as well

SwampDonkey

Storm will miss us up here the guessers say, we'll see. ;D

Old Greenhorn

We are just starting that snow about 20 minutes ago. Supposed to get heavy overnight and taper mid-day tomorrow. Just at 30° right now but very damp and feels very uncomfortable (colder than a well digger). However I am am sitting next to the shop stove now after rooting around in the shed for clamps and it is 75° where I am sitting, only 69 upstairs though.  :D
Supposed to get 6-12 with this dumping so it's the first real snow in nearly 2 years. I am just glad the ground is crusted over because plowing would be miserable otherwise.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Nothing here so far. 8F on the porch but the weather app says 3F at the station. It's cloudy. We don't get big snow storms when it's that cold in this area. We can get squalls though. It's funny the snow storms have been so dry, not much accum. It knows how to rain, but the snow storms just fizzle out. :D Almost a month into winter and barely enough to shovel with all the snow combined. :D

21incher

Finally got some snow. About 5 inches of extremely wet , sticky, heavy stuff.  Going to stink plowing it because the ground  isn't  frozen yet. Tuesday/ Wednesday supposed to be warm and rainy.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Old Greenhorn

I haven't measured yet, but looks pretty much like a good 12" here and it is 31°. Temp was 25 at midnight and rose steady through the night. This looks to be heavy plowing.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

GRANITEstateMP

Weather guessers said 10-15in starting around 10 last night through 6pm today. As of 7am

5ish in so far. Not snowing now.  I am glad to no longer get phone calls to plow town roads, it was a strange AND happy feeling to still.be in bed when they went by this am!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

SwampDonkey

Only around 12F here now and peeks of sun, but mostly clouds. Looks like we missed the snow.

woodroe

Same temp here 12* but a few inches of snow so far.
Cold and snow. Finished insulating btm floor of the 20' x 30'
garage to R-19 yesterday so after all these years have a warm space to tinker
and woodwork now.  8)

SwampDonkey

Jetstream is down to the southern tip of Maine. I think NS and PEI and probably southern NB got snow. Dry up this way. Forecast out of Houlton, Maine said it was unlikely we would see snow up this way.

Enjoy your heated shop. ;) Hopefully will be in the same camp next winter. ;D

thecfarm

Maybe 3-5 for us. But saying that I already have about 2 inches and suppose to snow until dark.
The coast may get a foot.
Then 48 on Wed and an inch of rain.
Not a great week for working outside,
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ljohnsaw

I think this is the first frost this morning. Dog were slipping and sliding on the wood deck. It's 31°f
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Old Greenhorn

John, I heard they got about a foot in the sierra's today near I80. That near your cabin?

I measured and honest 8" in multiple places when I went out, but this stuff is not doubt compressing under it's own weight. Great snowball and building snow for sure. It turns blue as soon as you pick it up and plowing is 'challenging' with the Mule, but it pushes it. ;D
I started plowing just after 8 then took a break for breakfast, then back at it.  Everything is opened up, but it snowed steady and hard the whole time and still coming down steady. I even snow blowed, first time in 3 years, across the back yard (my commute to work) and across the front walk and a bit behind the shop. Remaining is the shovel work I can't get with other methods around doors etc. First real snow in 2 years here. Last year we had one big one that clobbered them up by Bargemonkey, but here we got an inch or less and rain.
I'm pooped, time to do a little shop work, then I'll hit it all again when it gets near dark or stops. I think I damaged a shoulder somehow, but we'll see. It's supposed to get close to 50 on Wednesday morning. >:(

Ljohnsaw

Just looked at the traffic cameras up there on I80.

Ten miles west and 800 foot lower, looks to be at least a foot. Road is wet with slush between lanes and a good bank of snow on the sides.

Ten miles east and a couple hundred foot higher the road is covered with snow, just tire tracks are somewhat bare. At least 2 foot of snow there. I use that location as a good indicator for my property.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

cutterboy

About a foot here, temp has been around 24 all day. This storm was really two storms. We had about 6" last night into early morning then it stopped. Late morning started up very hard and dumped another 6" by 4pm. Just very light snow now with a cold wind.

To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

WhitePineJunky

It started here about 2 hours ago, and picked up more heavy about 1 hour ago, maybe a inch down so far, suppose to get more intense on 2 hours and hold for about 4 hours then taper off. Probably 8-10inch in the end. More on this later

Thank You Sponsors!