iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

multitek 1610EZ - Modifications

Started by DDW_OR, October 03, 2015, 03:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDW_OR

mine is the older version 2008, Controls on the opposite side from the live deck.
only Modification  = conveyer lifter, i replaced the nylon strap with a steel cable and 2 pulleys, giving me a three line pull. makes lifting the conveyor from the ground MUCH easier.
it has a two strand live deck. wish it was a three strand
"let the machines do the work"

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tom L

have you come up with a good idea to raise the conveyor after it is folded in half?

I can fold my conveyor in half, and it is more than a little heavy trying to fold it. or open it up.

there has to be a better way to do it. when trying to set up by yourself.

DDW_OR

lowering conveyor: place flat board under joint to prevent stuff being pinched into joint.
raising conveyor: place a 2x4 that is at least 2 feet long under the end of the conveyor.
press down on the joint. the end should be 2 feet off the ground to make folding easier.

the cable and pulley that connect to the conveyer at the joint are attached with clevis hooks that i can move to the end of the conveyor to assist with the folding, then re-attached to the fold joint to lift

DDW_OR

some more modifications

changed pulley direction

added hole to get hand through to change chainsaw chain

added removable tool platform

made openings taller so i can use my ratchet on the bolts

my tool cart

socket set
1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch sets
Warning - plastic is brittle in cold weather, :D

DDW_OR

Quote from: Tom L on October 12, 2015, 09:05:12 AMhave you come up with a good idea to raise the conveyor after it is folded in half?
I can fold my conveyor in half, and it is more than a little heavy trying to fold it. or open it up.
there has to be a better way to do it. when trying to set up by yourself.
sorry, a few years late
i lower the full length conveyor down so the far end is 2 feet from the ground
i then stand a 2 foot long 2x to support the end
then unwind the cable so the center can bend.
press down on the hinge center, watch your hands
then move the winch cable to the conveyor end
winch the end to a near vertical. will not be using the winch for the remainder of the folding
C-A-R-E-F-U-L-Y support the end as it continues to fold
do not let it free-fall
reattach the cable for the 3-line pull
switching from the winch strap to steel cable to do a 3-line pull has GREATLY helped
3-line pull cuts the force needed by 2/3, so only 1/3 needed
all pulleys are rated for over 600 pounds

At the hinge

at the winch i changed the bottom pulley to one that can rotate

Update i changed the bottom pulley so it is vertical, not horizontal in the photo

Thank You Sponsors!