iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 372xp x torq problem

Started by Cam460, February 11, 2019, 07:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehp

I have most likely put more hours on a XT husky than just about any person here , there is no design flaw that I have seen and I have saws with a lot of hours on them . all that was wrong with the first guys post is the carb needed to be adjusted richer , if your at the carb limiter just shove the outside ring on the jet in and adjust the jet to where it needs to be then let the limiter ring come back out on the jet , the end of a file works good for shoving the ring in. if your idle is high enough   the advance in the coil kicks in and that raises the rpms up and down so keep the idle down below where the coil advance kicks in

ZukiRyder400

It could be a kinked fuel line. Same thing was happening with my X Torq right after I rebuilt it. Ran fine one minute and the next it was running lean. The metering lever being too low as well could cause it run lean as well. 
- Husqqvarna 372XPW (51.4mm) ported by A. Derp

- Husqvarna 281XP

-Jonsered 2159 w/ 357XP top end ported by A.NutherDerp

Spike60

That could be it Austin. I actually kinked a fuel line doing a quickie rear mount replacement for a guy a couple months back. Pulled some extra line out when moving the tank to get at the mount, and it then kinked when I put the tank back in place. Never started the saw, or I would have found it. Normally don't do "while you wait" repairs, but but this customer is one of the exceptions. And the stories he tells when you are working on his saws are priceless.

Sorry I struck a nerve there with O.R. Don't feel it was "bashing" as I said nothing personal; just a little sarcastic/humorous disagreement. But it's worth noting that I see an awful lot of people come to this site for advice. A lot of "I'm New" guys looking for a little help. Many aren't looking to stay and hang out; just have a problem they need some asistance with. I gotta assume something must be directing them here, identifying FF as a good reference source. So, it's worth the effort to keep the quality of the advice up there with the forum's reputation. Just sayin'. :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Thank You Sponsors!