iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo CS-2511T Top Handle

Started by Old saw fixer, August 30, 2021, 01:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old saw fixer

Picked one up today when I went looking for a CS-3510 rear handle saw for my older grandson.  No luck on the 3510, and not much enthusiasm from the dealer to find one for me.  Live and learn I guess.  There are more Echo dealers around.  Haven't fired the 2511 up yet, got home and ate lunch then the little grandson woke up so spending time with him for a while. He will be two in October, one day before my birthday.  It will be a few years before he runs a real saw! 
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

btulloh

Try calling Land & Coates in Powhatan and Knabe in Midlothian. 

BTW - I was in Knabe last week and there was a 500i sitting on the shelf. 

Stay cool. Hot out there. 
HM126

sawguy21

I tried to not to sell a top handle to anyone but an arborist, they are not to be used one handed. There is no way to activate the brake if it kicks back and the other hand tends to get too close to moving parts. The small Echos are sweet with a muffler mod and a little tuning.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Old saw fixer

Thanks for the info, Bob.  As it turned out my brother called as I was typing the original post.  He asked my advice between two Echo 50cc saws.  After I explained the difference between pro and homeowner he was satisfied and said he was going to call the Arthur's Electric he uses to see if they had what he wanted, I asked him to see about a 3510 for the grandson.  It ended up he got his saw and Aiden Lee is getting a CS-400 saw for his birthday.

Sawguy 21 I understand your position.  I have a healthy respect for all the hungry chain saws out there, I remember my Dad saying to me- "Familiarity breeds contempt".  Believe me, having made it this long I work hard at being careful.

I cranked up the little Echo today just to hear it run.  I'll work with it after it cools down a bit, it'd just too hot and humid to enjoy outside activities right now.
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Snap

I had the dealer fit a .043 bar and chain on my 2511 from the start after reading about the tendency for the .05 chain to hop around a bit in the cut. No such issue with the .043 and I love the saw. It sure makes an 11 pound saw feel like a ton of bricks.

Thank You Sponsors!