E-bay Auction to support the Forestry Forum = Special Edition LogRite Canthook

Started by Corley5, January 22, 2006, 10:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

As a farily new and completely satisfied LogRite Tool owner

I'm pleased and honored to annouce the newest E-bay auction to help support the Forestry Forum

Kevin and Tammy of LogRite Tools have donated this special Limited Edition Foresty Forum Green 48" Canthook to be auctioned on E-bay in support of The Forestry Forum.  This is one of only three canthooks in this color.  Jeff B. has one that traveled the U.S. collecting signatures as a Christmas gift for him in 2004.  Sprucebunny has the 2nd which she won in the 2004 Christmas Contest.  Thank You LogRite 8) 8)  Be the one to own this rare piece of equipment by Bidding Early and Often ;) ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7584157206&fromMakeTrack=true
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Corley5

pigman

Dang you Corley5,  I was going to get that canthook cheap until you went and told everybody. :(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Corley5

Frank_Pender

Ggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeee, I could have it to match my special green handled pickaroon, that Kevin brought out last February, to the Oregon Logging Conference.  If I win, he could bring this special edition out as well. smiley_bouncing_pinky
Frank Pender

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

pigman

I beat that deernut_00 guy buy a whole $.39       8)

edit:

This is not going to be so bad, I am going to get that green canthook  at half of it's value after all. 8)

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

iain

There you go yanks its at 102 some thing (thats about £55 in real money) ;D :D

iain

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Corley5

DOn't give up now!! :)  There's still 4 days 7 hours and 30 mins left ;) ;D :)

Burlkraft

I hear that Jeff is in a good position to lend money........maybe I can bid one more time :D :D :D :D

neslrite

Because this item will ship directly from the factory, I can pack anything I want in the box with the tool.

I just might  throw in a couple of suprise gifts. ;D
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Corley5

ARKANSAWYER

Well I put my two coins in but it seems like the high bid showing is not really the high bid.   ???  Not real fond of ebay because you can put in a bid thinking what is showing is high bid but it is not.  It will tell me to bid again.  Then I bid again and it says nope try again.  Get tired of trying to guess how much to bid.   Just old fashion I guess.   Not willing to just sit around and try to figger out if I can bid enough.  Now put the ole man on the stump and start calling and I am all for it.   "What will ya give for it boys?"
ARKANSAWYER

Jeff

Not sure what to say. Didn't mean for anyone to be put off or disappointed in the way the auctions were going.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dan_Shade

i don't see how an online auction can be anything but blind

if somebody put in $1,000, they're going to win until somebody bids $1,001 it will just make the first guy pay whatever the last guy bid +1 until he is outbid.   ???
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

farmerdoug

I think eBay allows a person to bid freely to what they are willing to pay.  At regular auctions some people feel intimidated in bidding with all of the other people around.  On eBay as with regular auctions I predetermine what I am willing to pay for an item and I rarely go over it.  Some people will bid to their preset limit and drop out while others will bid many small bids or snipe to win it.  All in all it is the high bid that wins in the end.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

pigman

At first, like Arky and Frank, I was a bit put off by the way Ebay does their auctions, but after a lot of cognating and reflecting I suppose it is the only way they could have the auctions.  In a live auction, the auctioneer standing on a stump, all the bidders are present and the bidding is over in a few seconds. On Ebay the bidding usually goes on over several days and a lot of bidders can not be online when the auction is ending.  So being able to have a maximum bid without disclosing it to the other bidders is the only way. If I was bidding on a tractor at a "stump" auction, I sure would not want the other bidders to know what my maximum bid would be in advance. 

I think we all are a little put off when we get out bid on any auction. Arky, put your maximum bid on the canthook at $1000 and you just might get  it. ;D
My $.04 worth   ( inflation you know)

Roxie

Let us not forget that it isn't just the item.....we are supporting the Forestry Forum, and the more money it gets....the better for US!   8)
Say when

Frank_Pender

You know Roxie, I truly understand that.  I purchased quart of delicious syrup for around $115, a product that is very consumable.   Am I sorry I did such a thing, NO.  Some people thought, and still do, I was crazy.   Money well spent, for a great cause.   I have been honored with a special green handled Pickaroon, hand deliverd by Kevin, himself.  I have 10 blue handled ones right now, 3 4' pvs, a nonhandle scale stick in stock ( going out today today to a customer) and a handled one I use for demos and around the mill, a log carrier and two log stand attatchments in stock,  24" cant hook, 1 24" fiberglass pv,but no green handled cant hook.  Would I like to add it to my collection and demos, yes.   Can I afford such an action right now, no.  Sometimes my humor is a bit dry, coming from such a part of this country.  Like we are to have 3" to 6" of rain over the next couple of days, yet most of the time my humor is quite dry, considering. :'(

I am just a youngen here on the Forum, I have only been here since about December of '02. :'(

I have gained a great number of friends and acquaintances as well as been able to dispose of a few Maple burls from time to time.   I even sent one to Jeff to put on the "block" to support the Forum.  He asked if it was ok if he kept it, for himself.   That was fine with me, as it was his to do as he wished.    If he wants me to offer one for the "block" again, it is a done deal.  I will supply the photo and we will ship it from here.   I only have around 3,000 lbs. left, so I hope there is not much delay in deciding on that issue, but again I am not the one to decide such things, nor do I want to be. :D
Frank Pender

beenthere

Someone has found how to get 'over the old bid' on the cant hook. Couple hours left to find out who wants it.  :)
south central Wisconsin

Corley5

Jeff

Yes sir! Burlcraft is going to have to get another job if he keeps supporting us like he has the last couple auctions! :D  VERY big thankyou to him

AND!

LogRite Tools!

Starting tomorrow, I will be starting an auction foryour normal color logrite 60inch cant hook. This will be normal auction as Kevin is going to have the Forestry Forum support be the Ebay LogRite distributer. I even got me an official distributer logo! ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Burlkraft

Hey Jeff,

I guess I might have to get another job......or maybe just ask myself for a raise :D :D :D :D
I'm not sure I'd get one though.

I love this forum. I have gained so much good information here that what I have spent on the auctions is well worth it. You have a DanG good site here. Thanks so much. Thanks to Kevin at LogRite..I'm sure I'll have to buy another one, cuz I wouldn't want to get the collectors item dirty now would I ??? ???

I've even started work on a piece that maybe you can auction off....we'll see :) :) :)