iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT-15 owners

Started by Trax, May 16, 2006, 10:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trax

I just bought a 4 yr old LT-15. The log dog's seem to push away from the log more times then they push the log tight to the stop. I talked to woodmizer and they said they have an improved verision for $60 ea is this the way to go or are there other option that would be better ?

Part_Timer

When I had my LT I had one of the new ones.  My advice is to sell the old ones and get the new ones as fast as you possibly can.  I really liked them.

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Qweaver

Trax, I have the same problem.  I made this one and like it a lot but I'd like to take a look at the new WM dogs.
Quinton

So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Max sawdust

Hi,
I have an LT15 that has one old style dog and two new style dogs.  For me I like the old style much better than the new.  I am not sure if it is my imagination but it seems I can cut the last board to 4/4 without hitting the dog with the old style easier than with the new style. ::)

Try tightening the bolt on the underside of the dog.  Tighten it so it still slides on the rail, but with a little more effort.  Also work on your technique.  I always hold the dog in to the log with one hand or the back of my leg while I clamp it with the other hand.

Max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Kevin

That's what I do as well, put my left leg against the clamp to hold it then tighten it.
You get a feel for it.

sparks

Here is an exploded view of the new clamp. I hope this helps.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

jerry-m

Link didn't work for me, But my computor has a mine of its on sometimes :D
Jerry

sparks

You have to have Microsoft Word to open it.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Trax

Thanks for all the replies I will try to tighten up the bolt and work on my technique before I go for the new style dog.
Thanks again

Warren

Trax,

I have a 2004 LT15 with newer style log dogs.  They work very well for me.  Like Max said, I have to be careful when sawing the last board to make sure the dogs are as low as possible.  Otherwise, I "loose the set" on the outside of the blade .   :D
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

jimbo

i have one of each and i realey like the new ones much, better but i use a helper most of the time and it seem easer for them to catch on to how thay work also

jimbo

Thank You Sponsors!