iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What to do with these engines?

Started by bitternut, July 02, 2006, 10:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitternut

I have a Stihl ts360 cut off saw and a Makita 7001 cut off saw. Both of them have various parts missing but I have managed to get both of them to run. They seem to be a fairly powerful engine. Can they be used to power a large chainsaw bar or are they a totally different engine? I also thought maybe one could be used to power a Lewis winch but they may be too heavy and overpowered for that application. Anyone have any ideas on what they can be used for other than their original application.

sawguy21

Chainsaw is out because there is no provision for oiling the chain. The winch might work.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Sprucegum

I seen a kid mount one on his skateboard and ride it to McDonalds  ;D  ;D

bitternut

I was pretty sure that a chain oiler could not be added but I thought there might be a slight chance I was wrong. Nope...........they ain't getting attached to any skate board. :D  :D  :D

Raphael

You could run a bandsaw with one of them, maybe as an edger or small bandsaw mill.
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

barbender

Peterson's original ats ( I think) I saw on a promo video a couple years back had a big chainsaw head running the swingblade, the whole engine and everything tilted eleminating the need for a right angle drive. Thats what I'd do with them- build a little swing mill
Too many irons in the fire

Tony_T

Go cart(s)?  A friend had twin McCloulchs (sp?) on a go cart years ago, would do better than 80 mph

sawguy21

McCulloch had engines specifically designed for karts that were the hot ticket. They could be timed to run in opposite directions so one could run each wheel. I wudda sold my sister to the Cossacks for one of those karts 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

rahtreelimbs

Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

Thank You Sponsors!