iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Dad finally got his Old Tractor running.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 31, 2013, 09:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

After tinkering with it for a couple of years, going from 6 to 12 volt......new this, order that, install this and a new carburetor kit....he's ready to plow corn when the weeds start to invade.

I know what ya gonna say....he's almost showing his crack. But he don't give a hoot. Sometimes we go out to eat and low and behold he's forgot to zip up his zipper.  :o :o :o

He just say, "Wait until you get 86"......and just laughs.

Click on Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqEWMCGRb5s
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

pigman

That tractor is not old. A 140 is a newer tractor. A Farmall A is an old tractor.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Buck

That's what I was thinking....But man it does sound good. Plus ole pop was happy 8)
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I call it his Old Tractor. My son is 10 and he started calling it Papaws Old Tractor. So thats how this newer Farmall became an Old Tractor.  :) :) :)

Cutting Edge

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 31, 2013, 09:59:32 PM

I know what ya gonna say....he's almost showing his crack.

:-X  I was gonna say that no man can run with a restricted exhaust

Quote from: pigman on March 31, 2013, 10:07:45 PM
A Farmall A is an old tractor.

???  It's only as old as it "feels".  I'll take my "old" Farmalls any day over this new "stuff". 
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

Magicman

I really liked it but I can not explain why.  Just goes way back.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Okrafarmer

If I've been told correctly, there is very little difference mechanically from a Super A and a 140.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

trapper

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 31, 2013, 09:59:32 PM
After tinkering with it for a couple of years, going from 12 to 6 volt......new this, order that, install this and a new carburetor kit....he's ready to plow corn when the weeds start to invade.

I know what ya gonna say....he's almost showing his crack. But he don't give a hoot. Sometimes we go out to eat and low and behold he's forgot to zip up his zipper.  :o :o :o

He just say, "Wait until you get 86"......and just laughs.

Why did he go from 12 volt to 6volt?

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Trapper, you are very observant. Thanks for calling me on a mistake. He went from 6 to 12 volt.
Thanks for asking. :)

I'll go back and correct it.

scottmphoto

Congrats on getting it running. It's sometimes a pain converting from 6v to 12v. I have a 1943 Ford 9N that I use on my place and thankfully, it was converted before I got it. The old ones were built to last and are usually easy to work on and maintain. I love my 9N, I only wish it was 4WD and had a front bucket.

Peter Drouin

Nice job with the film, and your dad looks happy, I will be If I can work like that at 86, thats the thing keep working if you can and don't give up ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

gspren

I have a 1970 model 140 with a 6' belly mower and really enjoy it, my wife refers to it as my lopsided tractor while I say its the newest of my old tractors. It shares a shed with a 1944 Farmall H, while my 1956 JD 620 and the newer JDs are kept in a separate building so there is no red and green fighting when no one is watching.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

A mighty fine looking tractor. I hope to be doing that at 86 too!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kansas

Now he can drive it to town and pick up wild wimmen. Some women find tractors sexy. You might find yourself being an uncle.

Roger2561

Looking at that "old" tractor brought back many memories.  When my brothers and I turned about 10 years old, it was at that age dad said it time we learned how to drive the family tractor.  It was a Farmall Cub.  It's wonder that thing is still running with my 6 brothers and I all learning to operate a tractor on it.  Man, that thing was indestructible.  When we got into our teens (about 13) he thought we were old enough to operate the "big" tractor.  It was a Farmall Super A.  Man, for a 13 year old, that thing was huge.  We were never around anything larger than the Farmall super A so it was huge!  One of older brothers has both the cub and super A.  When his 2 boys got about the same age we were when we learned, he put them in the operators seat, first on the cub and then a couple of years later, the super A.  I love memory lane.  Roger 
Roger

Chuck White

I just like seeing old equipment running again!

Glad he got the tractor going again.

Thanks for posting.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Kansas on April 01, 2013, 09:15:48 AM
Now he can drive it to town and pick up wild wimmen. Some women find tractors sexy. You might find yourself being an uncle.

I think you mean a brother.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Okrafarmer on June 30, 2013, 10:38:57 PM
Quote from: Kansas on April 01, 2013, 09:15:48 AM

I think you mean a brother.

He'll be 87 in September and has had his prostate removed.  So I don't see that happening unless he's a Magicman.  :D :D :D

drobertson

David, that is outstanding, just a warm fuzzy  all over, that is just great! anyone should be proud and happy for Dad to accomplish this task at 86-87 years of age, not to mention plowing for corn, just an awesome day, thanks for sharing, 8)   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!