iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lt 15 wide trailer? looking to buy my first mill...

Started by Florida boy, October 20, 2015, 07:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florida boy

Hi I'm new to the forum and seems to have the milling itch pretty bad. I really like the features of the lt 15 wide except that there is no trailer package available. I was wondering if any one has built a trailer for thiers?
    I'll mostly be milling my own logs but it would be very nice to have a portable  mill or one I can make so. I've accumulated some logs that are over 32" so I'll need some thing with a wide capacity. I plan on doing a piney woods log turner on whatever mill I purchase if it doesn't have hydraulics. Open to any and all suggestions and ideas. Thank you very much.

SawyerBrown

Good morning, Florida boy!  Can't help you with your question, but did want to welcome you to the Forum, and wish you luck!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

WV Sawmiller

Welcome to FF Fla Boy. When you can please update your profile with more details like home town and such so we can see more about you.

Sorry but I can't help with the trailer question. I'm surprised as I thought those came on a trailer. I know they are manual mills. Do you have the support equipment to handle those big logs? I can cut up to a 32" log and can't imagine loading and turning that kind of weight without my hydraulics.

Good luck, keep in touch and be real careful.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Florida boy

I have a tractor but no front end loader on it but do have a winch mounted to it and a boom pole on back. Also live on a hill that should help level out the ramps going up the side for loading. Pretty much decided ill have to put on a hydraulic log turner of some kind once I have a mill.

Thank You Sponsors!