iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Motor problems

Started by Cutter/Climber, October 20, 2015, 05:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutter/Climber

I have a question for you guys. I have a John Deere 648E. I got it off of a guy earlier this year, cut a job then got left go. I had no other logging work for 5 months so I tried to sell the machine. Had a guy come look at it he found oil in the radiator.  I honestly didn't know if I had I would not have tried to sell it with out fixing it first. So now that is what I am going to have to do. My question is where do I start I have guys telling me it could be the heads and other people telling me that it could be the engine oil cooler. I am just trying to figure out where to start. The guy that I got the machine said that he had just had it rebuilt to there is less then 2000hrs on the rebuild. The oil is low. The last job that I did I was on the side of a mountain and had to pull mostly up hill and some flat. I know that it is do for a oil change.
Thank you ahead for any information that you can give me.

Gearbox

Almost always the oil cooler . more oil pressure than pressure in the radiator . If it is a head gasket you would have foam or air bubbles in the radiator . you can check for a head gasket with pressure tester on the radiator . Start it up and it will build pressure right away and keep building till you bleed it off .
Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Puffergas

Hope there is no coolant in the oil.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

coxy

I would say oil cooler to

Cutter/Climber

That is what I am figuring it is just wanted to get some other opinions. Thanks to everyone that responded.

Thank You Sponsors!