iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

retired!!!!!!!

Started by lirachamo51, June 19, 2016, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lirachamo51

its been awhile since I've posted,retired last fall and i think i need to go back to work for a vacation! have ben working like a dog cutting most of my lumber for pole barn this winter, fire wood dragged out to header, site all cleared,digging holes for bases and sono tubes, filling with concrete ,planting Christmas trees.., etc etc . starting to make some progress on the pole barn i'll try and post some pics. :)

hope they went through and enjoy ....jack of all trades master of none ha ha
Randy

DDW_OR

lirachamo51, are you enjoying what you are doing?
if you are, then you are doing "Retirement" correctly.
"let the machines do the work"

lirachamo51

very much so, just not enough hrs in a day or I'm getting a lot slower...i think it's probably the latter. :D
Randy

DDW_OR

nice looking tractor
4x4?
HP?

mine is a 51HP Mahindra 5520 4x4. added a Farmi winch, Landpride RBT40-108 8-way grader blade, and pallet forks.
i added 2 extra forks to make a tractor-pitch-fork. works great, just wish it had skidsteer quick attachment.

fishfighter

Quote from: lirachamo51 on June 19, 2016, 10:13:10 PM
very much so, just not enough hrs in a day or I'm getting a lot slower...i think it's probably the latter. :D

I'm sure it is the latter in my case. :D

Looking good. What you used to connect your poles to the pads?

Adirondack

Very nice! Your pictures are what I hope to be doing for retirement! What species are you using for your post and what are specs of lumber and building? Great work and I like the notching!
Was Tom Sawyer a sawyer?

thecfarm

Enjoy!!! It all looks good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lirachamo51

yes the tractor is a nh-wm-55 4x4 ,studded ice chains,forks,truc lift i have gives me 12' extra reach on the forks, helping to set the 20' 8x8 post, 8' old snow plow, farmi winch,and bradco backhoe. using white pine i cleared most from the site. the anchors i bought from a steel dealer 4" galvanized 18" long and bent a 1" 90 degree on 1 end then drilled holes for lags 1 on each side. total cost was around 200$. they wanted 65$dollars for each simpson 8x8 rough cut strong ties,big savings doing it my way. codes were just from doing research on internet and meeting with local building enforcer.
Randy

Czech_Made

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Carson-saws

REAL nice....it makes doing the work a lot easier when you enjoy doing it.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

fishpharmer

The lift extension is a great idea.  Nice overall setup, glad your enjoying retirement.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

lirachamo51

glad you enjoyed the pics, i promised myself i would start taking weekends off instead of working everyday. so i should be able to post some more pics of my progress.
Randy

4x4American

Looking good!  Where's the sawmill?  Must be nice up there in Thurman not having any zoning!  Did you have to get permits for that? 
Boy, back in my day..

lirachamo51

the mill is under tarps right now, as well as my other stuff,thus the reason for the pole barn. then a sawmill shed in the future, wood shed, addition to hunting camp, small sap house,and the list goes on :) yes i did get a building permit,but technically i didn't have to being a farm business
Randy

4x4American

It's nice country up there.  Real beautiful area.
Boy, back in my day..

DDW_OR

add lean-toos to the barn and put the mill under that.

will add 2 removable posts in the 24 foot gap. the Mill can handle up to 21 feet. most of what i do is less than 16 feet

lirachamo51

that would work ,but i have a drop off and would have to bring in a lot of fill and the other side has a steep bank that I've already had to cut back, but I've got some time to think about it, but either side would be tough to get the tractor into with a log on the front of it to load the mill.
Randy

DDW_OR

yea, after i made the posting i looked at your first posting and saw your last 2 photos and that my idea would not work.
i should not be posting that late at night.

lirachamo51

thanks for the suggestions, i appreciate others ideals,most time they are better than mine. my wife has mentioned the same thing to me and i like it ,but getting the logs to the mill on either side would be the issue.
Randy

Thank You Sponsors!