iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

echo

Started by Glenn, January 17, 2013, 12:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCFarmboy

Quote from: JuniperBoss on January 27, 2013, 01:27:15 AM
Good. Maybe it's time to get one :).
CS600P x2.  Get one you will love it.  CS400 and CS500 are next maybe a CS550 too.  Very underrated saws.  Along with the Efco brand.   Efco was BBFTB now I believe it's The Echo saws.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

ladylake

I'll be the first to ask, what does BBFTB mean...   Seems like the only people that knock Echo saws are the ones that haven't run them  .    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

shinnlinger

Best Bang For The Buck is my guess.....
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

JuniperBoss

Quote from: ladylake on January 27, 2013, 09:17:47 PM

I'll be the first to ask, what does BBFTB mean...   Seems like the only people that knock Echo saws are the ones that haven't run them  .    Steve
I was confused about what BBFTB meant too.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

ladylake

I'd agree BBFTB, If you can work on a saw, tune them and don't mind buying off Ebay you can get a brand new CS400 for about $225  and a new CS600  for a little over $400.   The best buys on saws out there right now.   Also Echo parts are reasonable.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

NCFarmboy

Quote from: shinnlinger on January 27, 2013, 09:24:03 PM
[/quote
Quote from: shinnlinger on January 27, 2013, 09:24:03 PM
That is correct.  I picked my 2 CS600P's in factory sealed boxes on Ebay for $369 avg. inc. shipping.  Be patient bid often.  Where can you buy a pro grade 60cc saw for less. 
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

bama20a

Quote from: petefrombearswamp on January 18, 2013, 04:43:40 PM
The only issue I have with my 600 is with the chain tension.
I have to tighten every tank of gas.
I did the limiter cap removal as soon as I got the saw out of the box
I bought mine on line for just under 400.
I know this post is alittle ol' (Like Me ;D),But Pete what are you talking about Limiter Cap,I sure don't know alot about saws,As you can tell :D Mark,,,,,,
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

sawguy21

They are installed over the carburetor adjusting screws to  keep us from tuning for power instead of minimum emissions. Some scofflaws remove them. ;)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sharkey

I have a couple of the Echo saws and like them.  One thing about them is they always start.  The 680 is a modernized 670.  Theyre using different cylinder porting and a ventilated piston for better torque.  50 x 34mm bore and stroke.  The 670 used a two thin ring (1.2mm) piston whereas the 680 uses one single 1.5mm thick ring.  Both 670 and 680 use Walbro HDA style carbs.  Like Steve pointed out they always are sent out very lean from the factory.  I dont think they use ethanol fuel when they set them up initially and that is why it is important to have them re-tuned with the blend of gas for your area.  A muffler mod and your on your way to having a very reliable machine.     

jackfork

Currently my biggest saw is a CS-680 with a 24 inch bar. One of the best saws I have ever had.
540 acres of which appox. 300 is wooded, 10 acres of water, and rest open pasture.
Timberwolf TW-5, Stihl 180, 270, 660, Echo CS-680

ladylake

Seems like almost everyone that has run a well tuned Echo saw likes them, only the ones wearing Stihl or Husky blinders don't like them.   Steve

David-L

When buying a new saw recently I was going to buy a big Shinidaiwa, no longer made and bought by Echo I was told. Is that true.
                                     David
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

ladylake

Yes it's true.   Steve

beenthere

ladylake
Not sure who has the blinders, reading often how you do not like Stihl.  ;D

But I've no earthly reason to switch from the very fine performance I've had from my Stihl saws and my Stihl dealer. So... I'm for sure blind to using any other brand no matter how good they might be.
Not going to buy another brand just to find out either.  :snowball: :snowball:  ;D

I'll yield to those who own the Echo saws and gladly listen how they like them.

I wouldn't be happy if I learned that Stihl suddenly was sold out or bought up by another company and the brand wasn't the same. Stihl has been pretty solid all along, and it keeps them on top but it helps to have good competition.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

trapper

my dealer who is top notch caries both stihl and echo. smaller saws ms250 and ms290 I have  stihl.  When I wanted a larger saw he steered me to a cs670 as a better value for my situation but I only cut firewood for my self. I am very happy with all 3.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

ladylake

Quote from: beenthere on March 07, 2013, 10:00:26 AM
ladylake
Not sure who has the blinders, reading often how you do not like Stihl.  ;D

But I've no earthly reason to switch from the very fine performance I've had from my Stihl saws and my Stihl dealer. So... I'm for sure blind to using any other brand no matter how good they might be.
Not going to buy another brand just to find out either.  :snowball: :snowball:  ;D

I'll yield to those who own the Echo saws and gladly listen how they like them.

I wouldn't be happy if I learned that Stihl suddenly was sold out or bought up by another company and the brand wasn't the same. Stihl has been pretty solid all along, and it keeps them on top but it helps to have good competition.

Nothing against Stihl pro saws except the price and parts price, the homeowner ones don't have the quality or performance of the same sized Echo saws yet cost about the same plus Echo saws are easy to work compared to the lower Stihl saws, Stihl pro saws are easy to work on also.  Dolmars are also nice well built saws but are getting more spendy than they used to be.  I have a 7900 here that cost $570 new when they first came out, has to be one of the best power to wieght saws out there and built good.  Steve

ALWOL

Well I must admit that I had the "Stihl blinders" on, up until a couple of years ago. I got talked into trying out a new CS600, and I kinda liked it. After buying my own this year, I have found that I like it even better than my 360 Stihl. When it comes to total "value" I think the Echo has the Stihl beat.

Alan
There's a big difference between staying busy and making money.

tbone0106

My favorite small saw ever is my Echo CS-315. Yeah, it's forty years old, but it starts with three pulls (not bad for a saw with the fuel tank at the front of the case...) and the balance and compactness are excellent!

However, that little nylon "fuel pipe connector" recently broke on mine. Anybody know where I might find one? P/N 132 011-1123 0

beenthere

Try the FF sponsor "Chainsawr" in the left column. May find it there.

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!