iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A short video showing the planer setup

Started by Quebecnewf, August 01, 2019, 05:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Southside

Very nice setup there! When I saw the outfeed windows I suddenly had visions of all three machines running at the same time spitting board out of the building timed to the "Trans Siberian Orchestra". It would be the best tacky Christmas video ever! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Andries

Very nice Mr. Quebecnewf.
The usual setup that I have seen is the opposite; the poor planer sits outside, getting beat up by the weather, and the planed wood gets stacked in the shed.
Your setup is better. The machines don't rust up, you don't run out of storage space in the shed and the working guys don't have to be stuck in a noisy sawdust filled shed.
You're most definitely "thinking outside of the shed"!  smiley_sidelightbulb smiley_idea smiley_hellow_im_here
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Quebecnewf

Planers cannot sit outside in this Enviroment for long . Small island covered in salt water mist in the fall . Good iron in these machines but that would be to much to ask of them . That being said the green one sat outside near here for 18 years unused but I still rebuilt it . Other than changing most if not all the bolts everything else was in pretty good shape.

They are made to last .

Quebecnewf

Oliver05262

My eye was caught by the black on the wall where that Tecumseh exhaust hits it. It might be a good idea to space a piece of tin off those studs to be a heat shield.....................
  My welder has melted holes in a couple of buckets in the back of my service truck. Luckily I didn't have gas in either of them.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Quebecnewf

The black on the wall was caused by an older engine . The exhaust on this one is pointed towards the opening of the door so no problem there

Quebecnewf

Thank You Sponsors!