iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Movable Kiln

Started by dail_h, June 06, 2004, 05:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

I would like to build a sola kiln, but I don't have my mill-lot too well organised yet,so I'm not sure where everything should go.I have plans for an 8x12 ,my question is,instead of putting it on a permanant foundation,could I put it on 6x6 skids? The plans call for styrofoam insulation in the floor,and fiberglass batts in the walls. Would not ridgid foam work ok throughout?
   It's pretty obvious I don't know much 'bout kilns,so any ideas would be a helo.
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Carl_B

Yes you can make you kiln moveable when I built mine we put it on 5 x 12 white Oak skids. we use joist hangers to fasten 2 x 8 between the skids put plywood on the bottom added bat insulation then plywood for the floor.

Some pics. of my kiln.

Kedwards

hate to point you to another website, but here it is..

http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_base/Solar_Kiln_Designs_2.html

Dr Wengert is pretty knowledgable and has always responded back to e-mails specific to your question.

Give it a whirl..

Kyle
His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like socks in a dryer without cling free

ElectricAl

In our area a Portable Building is exempt from property tax. Just something to think about.  ;)

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Thank You Sponsors!