iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hakki PIlki Easy 37 slow on the return stroke

Started by jimbarry, April 05, 2020, 01:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbarry

Need some help. I got a Hakki Pilki Easy 37. It recently stalled trying to push a heavy knotted piece of birch. Its stalled before and everything went back to normal upon restart. Now its really slow on the return stroke. Takes like 10 seconds to return when its normally about 3 sec. Ideas on how to fix?

All other hyd functions are normal.

Hilltop366

I wouldn't think the splitter hydraulics should stall the engine, it should just kick on the pressure relief valve. I Would guess you have valve issues.

GRANITEstateMP

Jim,

Thats a new one for me, but a few ideas. Check that the little spring that pulls the return lever down is still intact. Also, can you manually pull the silver rod when the ram is in split mode? Is it still slow? Maybe your not getting the full throw? Usually on these machines it's a simple fix, a small adjustment or a dab of weld!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

GRANITEstateMP

for a pdf of the manual:

google-
hakki pilke 1x37 english manual

I downloaded it off the JS Woodhouse brochure page. pretty sure the pics on page 35 should help

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

jimbarry

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on April 06, 2020, 10:26:02 AM
for a pdf of the manual:

google-
hakki pilke 1x37 english manual

I downloaded it off the JS Woodhouse brochure page. pretty sure the pics on page 35 should help
I have the manual from the Pilki web site. They don't have an exact manual for the version I have but its very similar to the one in their manual.  So far as I can tell everything is working except for the return stroke.

GRANITEstateMP

jim,

I did a cord off of mine today and poked my head down there a few times. Only other thing I was thinking.  If when the ram is full out, the piece that "flips", if it doesn't have enough momentum, maybe there is a bind somewhere? I've had to shim a few components over the years to keep mine ticking :-\,
Hope you get it figured out!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

Ford_man

There may be a restrictor plate in the return line. I had a farm disc that had one it split and it slowed the cyl down a lot. Take the hose off at the cyl. to see if it has one.

Thank You Sponsors!