iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Memorial Day

Started by Magicman, May 26, 2018, 09:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

It's about much more than just a Holiday.

Take some time out to Honor our Fallen Heroes.

An American Flag Tribute.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jim_Rogers

I'm going to the cemetery, near me, that I help out at, and verify that every veteran there has a flag on there grave site. We're suppose to have some volunteers helping us today.
There are 2919 names on our cemetery list. 313 are veterans, 101 are firemen from one town and 53 are firemen from other.
They all get flags.
Here is our most famous person:

This farmer's son went to law school and became a lawyer. He then worked for a city near me. After he worked for the state.
Then he became secretary of the Navy. Then Attorney General of the US and after that a Judge on the supreme court.
When he passed away in 1917 his family brought him back to his family lot.
We place a flag on his grave every time one blows away.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Magicman

I'll be wearing my hat that I made for such occasions.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

firefighter ontheside

I'm thankful that all of my relatives who have served and gone to war have returned.  Even my grandpa who was a POW in Germany for 2 years returned.  Others didn't and I am grateful for them all.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Sixacresand

We watched the Memorial Day Program from Washington DC on PBS last night.  It was a great tribute to fallen Soldiers and surviving Veterans.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

samandothers

Very thankful for those that have afforded us our freedom!

thecfarm

As a TV commercial said,Thank You. 
This was a local new car business. It got my attention.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Monday, May, 27, 2019, We Honor those that made the Ultimate Sacrifice.

JV

I had the honor and privilege to serve on a military burial rites team for several years.  We always did a Memorial day program.  I can't be on my feet for any length of time and going face down during a ceremony isn't very dignified so I had to retire.  I get aggravated with myself but reality set in and my body said no.  The team is a great bunch of volunteers and I miss them.  
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

ZAB

SPC. Magicman, had to look up the one patch on your hat as I did not recall what or where it was...31st Infantry, interesting. The Cold War Army seemed to be everywhere. 

thecfarm

Yes,we must remeber all those that served this Great Country!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dgdrls

Thank-you to all who have, and continue to serve.
Wishing you a reflective and peaceful Memorial Day

D

doc henderson

May everyone have an honorable and respectful Memorial day as we remember and never forget those who have given all, and shake the hands of those who continue to put their lives on the line.  Military, police, EMS ect.  May God bless the USA.

usflag
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Bruno of NH

Yes please 
Without the ones that never made it home to their family or friends.
We couldn't live free to do the things we enjoy .
They paid the price of their lives for our benefit. 

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jim_Rogers

Today I raised the flag, half staff, per order of the Governor in remembrance of all who are gone. And to honor them for their service.

I got back to the cemetery just after the honor guard had done their 21 gun salute but got to watch them march out to the VFW monument across the street from our cemetery:

We will not forget. We have 332 Veterans in our cemetery, and over 150 firemen from two towns. Each and every one gets a flag on their grave.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

Larry

Went to the traveling Vietnam Wall of Healing yesterday.  They were in Bentonville Arkansas.

58,000 plus names on that wall and that is only a token of lives lost.  Many are going to early graves still from that war.

Thank you all.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Sixacresand

While I was mowing grass at the family cemetery Saturday, I reflected on members of my family who served.

My dad who was AWOL from the Merchant Marines because he missed his train while on leave.  The ship he missed was sank by uboats.  He got drafted into the Army then moved into the newly created Air Force. 

My cousin as part of the Normandy Invasion died the same day that he arrived by parachute.

Two of my 2nd Great Grandfathers were Confederate Soldiers. 

My Mother was not in the service.  But, being a teenager in Europe during WW2, suffered emotionally all her life (PTSD) from the horrible things she witnessed.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

firefighter ontheside

I milled a maple log on Memorial Day.  I sure appreciated that opportunity.  So many don't have that chance, because of what they did for me.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!