iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Somebody make my mind up for me please ! LOL

Started by Madman_Mark, June 05, 2011, 08:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman_Mark

Trying to decide which csm to buy. I do tree removals and sometimes come across some pretty nice logs that get "wasted" into firewood. Trying to decide between the Alaskan Small log mill or the next one up with the 24 inch rails. Ill be using a 28 inch bar on a Stihl MS460. I believe the small log mill can be used with any length bar but nothing holds the tip of the bar to keep cuts even. On the other hand with the 24 inch mill the bar tip is held in place but you can only mill up to a 20 inch log. Now most logs will be well under 20 inch but I'd like to be able to handle the odd "larger" ones that I come across. Also will a "beam machine" be much help ??? This is a ll a bit confusing.

Jeff

Have you considered Logosol?  If I was going chainsaw, that's definitely where I would go.

http://www.logosol.us/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

medic

I'm with Jeff.  I almost went with the Logosol mill over my small bandmill. 
My $0.02
scott
Retired Paramedic, TimberKing 1400, Logrite cant hooks, old MacCullough chain saws.  Too many projects not enough hours in the day.

Kcwoodbutcher

I've used the beam machine to quarter logs but I wouldn't use it to make lumber. There's way to much slop in it when you lay it on a 2x4 to guide it.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Thank You Sponsors!