iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heads Up Down Stream

Started by chet, March 25, 2004, 06:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

We still have a pretty hefty snow pack around here. But she's going fast. Forecast for the next week is in the 50's-60's, and tonight it is raining like crazy.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

I'll whittle a boat and set a sail. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

You're gonna haf-ta paddle like he**, 'cause dar ain't much of a breeze.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

redpowerd

we lost ours a couple of weeks ago, and lost it FAST! ever since its been frozen mud and light snow
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

pappy

We didn't get the normal snow drop this year (128")  but we sure got ice...I heard five feet thick on the Saint John river.. and almost four feet on the lakes... will be interesting when it lets go...should be some big ice jams this spring and if it rains like hell some people will be in trouble  :o
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Furby

Our snow left a couple of weeks ago as well.
The last 1 1/2 -2 weeks we have been getting a LOT of rain.
Today I saw some flying bloodsuckers, two different kinds.  :o
It's way to early for them!!!!!!!!!!  :-/

chet

Only bugs around here are still da snow fleas. But dats going ta change. Warm weather means black flies. I can take just about any bug mother nature can through my way, but dem black flies drive me nuts.  >:(

Kirk_Allen

Ill bet you wouldnt say that after a flock of these box elder bugs invade your home.

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now come on, they are not really THAT bad are they? I have swarms of them and would rather have them then the bloodsuckers.
Maybe we need to show pics on how bad they are?

chet

I can take the bites. But with black flies it's the swarming around my head that I can't stand. Their in yur eyes, in yur ears, in yer nose, ya don't dare open yer mouth. I can't stand to even think about dem little *~@#*~`#"s.

Stan

The new thermometer at the bank said 81 degrees when I passed it about 3 PM. It was winter earlier this week, I was burning the last of the firewood.  :-/ Whatever happend to spring?
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Minnesota_boy

Chet,
You have to learn to accept the black flies as a quick, hi-protein snack.  Open wide and gulp quickly.  Notice how easily they go down?   :o ;D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

chet

After years of fightin' dem things you would thing a guy would grow accustomed to dem. Nope..... Nodda...... No way.........Sorry can't do it.   :(

Kevin

Blackflies are fun to spit.
It's like sending them through a wind tunnel, they lose all sense of direction.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!