iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Definitation of a logger

Started by ouachita, October 11, 2010, 07:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ouachita

Logger:

A mechanic who is so passionate in his profession that he buys heavy equipment on credit to work on in the forest in the mud.

Charles Westmoreland CF, RF
(Ouachita)

Hot Springs Village, Arkansas

WDH

I will add, "and who works 7 days a week."
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SPIKER

I would add losing money doing the logging so he has to work a 2nd full time job just to pay for the logging career.
:D
mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Randy88

Remember a career means a job for money, a hobby is what you do for fun and lose money while doing it, theres a difference and logging isn't a career its more of a hobby at best, the career is what you have to do to afford to have a hobby like logging.   

Okrafarmer

I remember in March of 1998, pulling out popple logs two at a time for $4 apiece. I could about make one two-log twitch per 2 hours with the '48 John Deere B. Sometimes a little better. Then the gas and such on top of all that-- but-- when I finally sold that wheeler load, that was money I couldn't get any other way because I couldn't find a job. It kept me busy and from going bonkers while trying to figure out what I was going to do next. I got $42 a cord that year. I learned a lot that spring.  My dad got his weeds pulled for free!  ;D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Magicman

It would be better if you could start out with a fortune.  Log until it is gone, and then retire.   ;)   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!