iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for a National Tree

Started by Ron Scott, January 13, 2001, 10:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

Oak voters really came out over the Redwood. The designation as a National Tree for the United States now requires legislation passed by Congress. This is now an independent action beyond the voters choice.
~Ron

Gordon

HOOOOOORRRRAAAAYYY,, I picked a winner. Now if I could do that at the horse track I'd be sitting pretty. :D

Ron is correct only the start of a long road for the actual, end result.

The Palm is number six on the vote list and to be quite honest it never crossed my mind to vote for it. All in where you live I guess.

Gordon

RavioliKid

Hooray for oak!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

RavioliKid

L. Wakefield

GOOOLLLEEE- I have to wonder at cottonwood getting that high on the list- who knew? Do you think there was a conspiracy of over 6000 members to sneak it in there, or is it thought of affectionately in some places other than wherever I have been? ::)
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

RavioliKid

Do you suppose it got in there because of the actions of the Tammy film club?

<cue the music>
I hear the cottonwoods
Whisperin' above...
T-a-a-m-m-y,
T-a-a-m-m-y,
Tammy's in love!
</cue the music>

:D
RavioliKid

swampwhiteoak

I pretty happy about not having to renounce my citizenship.  Go Oak! 8) 8)        
All the tree huggers in northern California are probably upset.  And that is just terrible  ;D

RavioliKid

I suppose I shouldn't be so lazy - the information is probably just a few mouse clicks away - but, is there a particular variety of oak that was selected as the national tree? Or, just oak, in general!

Just curious...

RavioliKid

Kevin

Give California the pussies willow . :D

RavioliKid

You got something against pussy willows?  >:(

I've got a vase of them rooting in the other room - and I'm thousands of miles from California!

;D
RavioliKid

Thank You Sponsors!